ImmobilienScout24 is the leading online marketplace for private and commercial real estate in Germany. The portal enables people to realize their real estate dreams simply, efficiently and stress-free. ImmobilienScout24 successfully brings commercial real estate sellers, owners and potential tenants and buyers together. Every month, more than 12 million people use the portal. Germany-wide, ImmobilienScout24 achieves a prompted brand recognition score of 96 percent within the relevant target group. ImmobilienScout24 is part of the Scout24 Group, which operates leading digital marketplaces in the real estate and automotive sectors in Germany and other selected European countries. For more information, visit http://www.immobilienscout24.de
The commercial segment is the market segment of ImmobilienScout24 that focuses on the needs of companies for real estate. Your work and decisions will have a direct impact on thousands of customers and their company’s success. We are a cross-functional team responsible for helping businesses to find the space (office, shop, restaurant, warehouse etc) that best suits their needs. We value the entrepreneurial mindset, open-mindedness, adaptability, being polyglot, not afraid of taking risks, ownership & responsibility. Are you passionate about sharing your knowledge? Do you like guiding people and people follow your lead? We are looking for someone who is passionate about bringing their knowledge of good reactive micro-service architecture into the team. As a full member of the team you are working with cutting-edge technologies and lead the team from technical perspective, make technical decisions, coach the team and guide them in the right technical direction.
What we need from you:
- Lead the technical journey of the team and develop an architectural vision with the team
- Be the expert for the architecture of our existing and future micro-services and platform
- You build, you run it! Develop, test and operate with your cross-functional team high-quality software for the commercial consumers and customers
- Understand the business and product and help the team to find good technical answers that fit our product strategy
- Connect with the rest of the company and influence the platform architecture
- You know when and how to apply modern development practices (CI/CD, pair programming, TDD, CleanCode)
- Support and develop other Software Engineers by providing advice and mentoring
What we need you to bring:
- More than 5 years experience or equivalent in the relevant field
- Excellent knowledge of micro-service architectures in cloud environments
- Sound knowledge in Java and the Java eco system (we use Spring for our micro-services)
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Strong commitment to agility and an agile mindset and working in multi-disciplinary and multi-culture teams
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader.
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start.
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually.
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends.
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions.
- Our on-site canteen and café serving the best coffee in Berlin!
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online. Or else, if you have any questions regarding your application, please send an email to email@example.com.