AutoScout24 is a leading automotive digital classifieds platform in Europe, in terms of unique monthly visitors and listings. The digital marketplace offers listings products for used and new cars to dealers and private sellers, inspiring people’s best car-owning decisions. In Germany, AutoScout24 enjoys a unique aided brand awareness of 95 percent within its target group. AutoScout24 is part of Scout24 Group, which operates leading digital marketplaces dedicated to the real estate and automotive sectors in Germany and other selected European countries. For more information, please visit: http://www.autoscout24.com
In the Private Seller Market Segment we help people selling their cars. To support our users’ preferences we support various options, setting up their cars as classified or have it on an expedited lane to make the sale faster and more comfortable. As a Senior Scala Developer you will work with a broad range of technologies, having the freedom to use the best tool for the job. We value getting things done high and value even more if you can make it happen, no matter what problem has to be solved.
What we need from you:
- Constantly evolve and introduce new technologies: GraphQL, React Native, Typescript, Kafka Streams
- We work in a cross-functional team of engineers, product owners, designers, business analysts and other stakeholders on product discovery.
- To support our lean and agile product development you will be introducing new ideas, challenge feasibility of existing processes and help us to improve where we can.
- If you can think it, you can build it. If you can build it, you should run it. You will cover the whole life cycle, from a sticky note on the board, to code, to a running service that is monitored 24 hours a day.
What we need you to bring:
- Professional experience as Scala developer
- Experience with subversion tools (git/svn)
- We are using micro services in AWS. Having some experience with either of those would be a great benefit
- Knowing Play framework would be a plus
- Experience with React.js and TypeScript would be a plus
- Experience in working with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines (GoCD, jenkins)as well as experience with release engineering, configuration management would be great
- We are agile. We live it. We breathe it. You have to be a part of it to fit
- Our goal is to build great teams of highly valued individuals. Be a team player but also decisive.
- We are international- English is mandatory, German nice to have
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online.