ImmobilienScout24 is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Germany. The digital marketplace inspires people’s best real estate decisions and successfully brings commercial real estate sellers, owners and potential tenants and buyers together. Every month, more than 12 million people use the portal. Germany-wide, ImmobilienScout24 achieves a prompted brand recognition score of 96 percent within the relevant target group. ImmobilienScout24 is part of the Scout24 Group, which operates leading digital marketplaces in the real estate and automotive sectors in Germany and other selected European countries. For more information, visit http://www.immobilienscout24.de
The commercial team is the market segment of ImmobilienScout24 that focuses on the real estate needs of companies & businesses. Your work and decisions will have a direct impact on thousands of customers and the company’s success. We are a cross-functional team responsible for helping companies to find a great new office space for their employees, funky locations for the next trendy bar or restaurant development, high impact retail locations and any other real estate to help their businesses succeed.
We value an entrepreneurial mind, openness, adaptability, being polyglot, not being afraid to take risks, ownership & responsibility. You will develop the team from technical perspective, make technical decisions, coach the team and guide them to the right technical direction.
What we need from you:
- You build it, you run it! Develop, test and operate with your cross-functional team high-quality software for the commercial consumers and customers
- Participate in architectural discussions, regularly propose and discuss solutions to a system or product.
- Work with other engineers to align and propose technical solutions for problems.
- Participate in hiring process, help attracting and retaining great talent.
- Support and develop other Software Engineers by providing advice and mentoring.
- Work closely with your product owner and challenge them in product initiatives and strategy.
- Continuously improve the tools your team develops with in a lean product development mindset.
What we need you to bring:
- You are an engineer at heart. Proficiency in modern backend programming - preferred in the Java stack (we use Spring Boot for our services)
- Have knowledge of cloud environments (our Docker containers are running on AWS) and cloud based architectures (IaaS/PaaS).
- Knowledge of prevalent build tools, such as Maven, Grunt, Gulp, Webpack and Node Package Manager.
- Knows best practice in clean code, test driven development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Bring some years of experience working in multi-disciplinary and multi-culture teams.
- Prefer to prove your ideas by trying them and measuring their impact. You accept failure is part of that process.
- Strong commitment to agility and an agile mindset.
- Fluency in English.
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen and café serving the best coffee in Berlin!
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online. Or else, if you have any questions regarding your application, please send an email to email@example.com.