Scout24 operates leading digital marketplaces in Germany and other selected European countries. ImmobilienScout24 and AutoScout24 are the main operations under the Scout24 brand. ImmobilienScout24 is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Germany, based on consumer traffic and time spent as well as customer numbers and listings. AutoScout24 is a leading automotive digital classifieds platform in Europe, in terms of unique monthly visitors and listings. With our digital marketplaces we are inspiring people’s best decisions. Our purpose is to connect people with cars and homes. More than 1,000 employees in Germany and across Europe work on offering value to our consumers and customers. For more information, please visit: www.scout24.com.
Engineering Manager – Platform Engineering (m/f)
Berlin, Full Time
Platform Engineering is responsible for the foundational aspects of Scout's technical infrastructure, including Employee Technology, Information Security, and Cloud & Data-Center compute platforms.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to support and guide a team of engineers within the Platform Engineering organization. As an engineering manager, you will work directly to the “Head” of your department to develop the overall segment vision and ensuring it’s aligned with the overall Platform Engineering vision.
What we need from you:
- Work closely with other teams to develop the long-term vision for Scout24’s platform.
- Translate your vision into an executable roadmap we can deliver on.
- Provide technical guidance and establish good engineering principles and practices.
- Empower your team and create a safe and inclusive environment where they can “be the best they can be!”.
- Help your team grown, so they personally develop and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and understand the true value of candid feedback.
- Help shaping and influencing the culture of our organization, as part of Scout24’s management team.
- Team-up with your recruitment colleagues to attract and retain talent.
What we need you to bring:
- A “we’re just getting started” mindset.
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager, running teams of Software and Systems Engineers, with a workload comprised of development and operational tasks.
- Proficiency with at least one of the following programming languages: Java, Scala, Python or Golang.
- Ability to “talk” Computer Science (algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design) and Operations (Unix/Linux systems, IP networking, performance and application issues) from your (not so) old times as an IC.
- A product oriented and customer centric mindset. You know how to make the right trade-offs when it comes to usability, reliability, scalability and efficiency.
- A clear and fluid communicating style when articulating your ideas.
- Experience working on a fast-paced engineering organization, with 250+ micro-services and fast decision making.
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online. Or else, if you have any questions regarding your application, please send an email to email@example.com.