AutoScout24 is a leading automotive digital classifieds platform in Europe, in terms of unique monthly visitors and listings. The digital marketplace offers listings products for used and new cars to dealers and private sellers, inspiring people’s best car-owning decisions. In Germany, AutoScout24 enjoys a unique aided brand awareness of 95 percent within its target group. AutoScout24 is part of Scout24 Group, which operates leading digital marketplaces dedicated to the real estate and automotive sectors in Germany and other selected European countries. For more information, please visit: http://www.autoscout24.com
We are looking for an experienced and talented Lead Engineer to join one of our Product Engineering Teams in Munich. You’ll have direct impact on the consumer experience by implementing new features and components in our CMS system used across the whole company. You’ll work as the technical lead of a small, international, agile and highly motivated team.
What we need from you:
- Build responsive frontend web components that are used across the company.
- Work together with engineers, product owners, designers and other stakeholders on software and product development.
- Improve the usability and performance of our websites and apps.
- Take over responsibility for the CMS system of AutoScout24.
- Create a next level web and app experience for our users.
- Support our lean and agile product development introducing new ideas, challenge feasibility of existing processes and help us to improve where we can.
- Raise the bar for your team by bringing in innovative ideas.
- Cover the whole life cycle, from a sticky note on the board, to code, to a running service that is monitored 24 hours a day.
- Be a mentor for the other Engineers on the Team and help them grow.
What we need you to bring:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the following technologies
- Responsive Web Design
- Task Runner (Gulp, Grunt, NPM)
- At least one backend programming language (Scala, C#, Java, node.js)
- Optional experience, every point is a plus:
- JS Frameworks (React, Vue.js, express)
- Functional programming
- Android / iOS development
- Familiarity with microservices architecture
- Experience with cloud environments, especially AWS
- Google Analytics, GTM
- Experience with a CMS system, especially dotCMS
- Practical knowledge of frameworks like Elasticsearch, Kafka, Docker
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous delivery
- Practice in clean code, Test Driven Development, Pair Programming
- DevOps mindset
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Willing to learn new technologies
- English is mandatory, German is nice to have
If this appeals to you but you are in doubt about how exactly your skills match our requirements: We value personality, ambition and an open mind. Don’t hesitate to get in touch and present your personal strengths to us.
What technologies do we use - https://autoscout24.github.io/tech-radar/
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online.