AutoScout24 is a leading automotive digital classifieds platform in Europe, in terms of unique monthly visitors and listings. The digital marketplace offers listings products for used and new cars to dealers and private sellers, inspiring people’s best car-owning decisions In Germany, AutoScout24 enjoys a unique aided brand awareness of 95 percent within its target group. AutoScout24 is part of Scout24 Group, which operates leading digital marketplaces dedicated to the real estate and automotive sectors in Germany and other selected European countries. For more information, please visit: http://www.autoscout24.com
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Full Stack Engineer to join one of our Product Engineering Teams in Munich. You’ll have direct impact on the consumer experience by implementing new features and components in our CMS system and create state of the art solutions to reach our traffic goals. You’ll work in an international, agile and highly motivated team.
What we need from you:
- Build responsive frontend web components that are used across the company.
- Work together with engineers, product owners, designers and other stakeholders on software and product development.
- Improve the usability and performance of our websites.
- Take over responsibility for the CMS system of AutoScout24.
- Create a next level web experience for our users.
- Support our lean and agile product development introducing new ideas, challenge feasibility of existing processes and help us to improve where we can.
- Raise the bar for your team by bringing in innovative ideas.
- Cover the whole life cycle, from a sticky note on the board, to code, to a running service that is monitored 24 hours a day.
What we need you to bring:
You can think logically, are smart and have a passion and drive to learn new things.
- Experience in a backend programming stack - Scala or node.js (or experience in another programming language plus outstanding education background)
- Experience in building responsive websites with HTML, JS, CSS
- We build great teams of highly valued individuals, therefore you must be a team player
- The job is not done after compiling, please bring a DevOps-Mindset
- We are international, so English is mandatory, German is nice to have
Optional, every point is a plus:
- Experience with Cloud environments, especially AWS cloud
- Experience in working with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Familiarity with microservice architectures
- Practical knowledge of frameworks like GraphQL, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Docker, React, React Native
- Advanced programming techniques: Reactive Programming, Functional programming
- Experience in native mobile app programming (Android, iOS)
If this appeals to you but you are in doubt about how exactly your skills match our requirements: We value personality, ambition and an open mind. Don’t hesitate to get in touch and present your personal strengths to us.
More info about us:
What technologies do we use - https://autoscout24.github.io/tech-radar/
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online.