ImmobilienScout24 is the leading online marketplace for private and commercial real estate in Germany. The portal enables people to realize their real estate dreams simply, efficiently and stress-free. ImmobilienScout24 successfully brings commercial real estate sellers, owners and potential tenants and buyers together. Every month, more than 12 million people use the portal. Germany-wide, ImmobilienScout24 achieves a prompted brand recognition score of 96 percent within the relevant target group. ImmobilienScout24 is part of the Scout24 Group, which operates leading digital marketplaces in the real estate and automotive sectors in Germany and other selected European countries. For more information, visit http://www.immobilienscout24.de
This is a key role within our Mobile Engineering team. It is ideal for someone with extensive backend experience, who is technically strong and up to date and who wants to take ownership of one of our main core services. You will be involved in working with cutting-edge technologies in a cross-functional environment in some of the most influential and impactful engineering projects in Germany.
What we need from you:
- Have a meaningful impact on our users by being a key member in one of our mobile backend teams and helping us to build, test, deploy, release and maintain state-of-the-art applications.
- Leverage our cross-team collaboration by proactively tackling and solving challenging problems together and building RESTful API's to integrate our backend with the mobile apps.
- Inspire the engineers around you by owning the entire feature development cycle from concept to release and being accountable for it.
- Support the continuous learning process of the whole team by exchanging knowledge and contributing with your own ideas.
- Increase the team's delivery speed by using agile best practices such as pair programming, continuous delivery and actively participating in our agile meetings
What we need you to bring:
- You are a curious backend engineer with 4+ years of experience and you enjoy working in complex environments and understand the impacts of your changes
- You have extensive experience in RESTApi’s and server-side software development using preferably (but not retricted to) Node.js (Express), Java, Docker, AWS.
- You are familiar with cloud computing platforms (AWS), mobile technologies and continuous delivery tools
- You are self-driven and highly motivated to deliver top tier solutions with minimum guidance
- You are passionate and curious about emerging technologies and can quickly evaluate and adapt to new frameworks, languages and approaches
- You are a strong team player who is happy to collaborate with other teams across Scout24 including engineering and also back-office teams like product management or customer care
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen and café serving the best coffee in Berlin!
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online. Or else, if you have any questions regarding your application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.