Scout24 operates leading digital classifieds platforms in Germany and other selected European countries. The main operations under the umbrella brand Scout24 are the digital marketplaces ImmobilienScout24 and AutoScout24. ImmobilienScout24 is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Germany, based on consumer traffic and time spent as well as customer numbers and listings. AutoScout24 is a leading automotive digital classifieds platform in Europe, in terms of unique monthly visitors and listings. Scout24’s digital marketplaces are empowering people to realize their property and car-owning dreams simply, efficiently and stress-free. For more information, please visit: www.scout24.com.
Head of Data Products (m/f)
Berlin, Full Time
This is a new role in our Data organisation with responsibility for building state-of-the-art data products and for building a best-in-class data product team. With your product management and technical skills you will guide your team of data scientists and data engineers to build and maintain scalable data services as product recommender or price validation tools.
As a successful candidate for this role you have a strong background in product management in a leadership capacity for a data technology focused business. You should be able to think, innovate, constructively challenge the status quo and see the bigger picture, developing and implementing robust strategic plans for data products.
You will be involved in working with huge amount of data, cutting-edge technologies and working with some of the most influential and impactful data projects in Germany.
What we need from you:
- Your team will be charged with building end-to-end machine learning models as part of the development and maintenance of products and services.
- Your team will partner with Product Management teams to drive requirements for new products and integrate data during product development.
- You will lead a team of product focused data scientists and machine-learning engineers including people management, and generation and execution of data product roadmap & strategy.
- You will be expected to recruit data scientists and mentor those within the team, guiding with best practices.
- You will be expected to be a thought leader and provide guidance on data products and data mining to scale our capabilities, uncover trends and develop new line of data products.
What we need you to bring:
- Msc/PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Maths or equivalent educational or professional qualifications.
- Leadership experience in building and leading teams, excellent understanding of how to coach others and how to drive a high performance culture
- Proven success in delivering online products and services in a high growth environment.
- Experience in working cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management counterparts to deliver online products/services.
- Demonstrated ability to understand Machine Learning in a product and business environment with large-scale and complex datasets.
- Proven track record of strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams across the world.
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online. Or else, if you have any questions regarding your application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.