Scout24 operates leading digital classifieds platforms in Germany and other selected European countries. The main operations under the umbrella brand Scout24 are the digital marketplaces ImmobilienScout24 and AutoScout24. ImmobilienScout24 is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Germany, based on consumer traffic and time spent as well as customer numbers and listings. AutoScout24 is a leading automotive digital classifieds platform in Europe, in terms of unique monthly visitors and listings. Scout24’s digital marketplaces are empowering people to realize their property and car-owning dreams simply, efficiently and stress-free. For more information, please visit: www.scout24.com.
Lead/Senior Android Developer (m/f) – CXP Team
Berlin- Full Time
Mobile accounts for a large portion of user traffic for ImmobilienScout24. The CXP Mobile Team ensures that the needs of the consumer are being met on Mobile Platforms. You will be joining the CXP Android Team and we are the team responsible for the core functionality of the Android App. This means both providing features that the consumer expects from a market leader App and showing off those features in a UI that is consistent and engaging.
What we need from you:
- Design and influence the direction of an important and complex Android Application
- Become part of a talented team with engineers, designers and product owners to help improve the App with features that users want and will love
- To be always on the lookout for new technologies and help evaluate on their potential in the App
- A strong desire to continually improve code quality, including writing testable and verifiable code.
What we need you to bring:
- A degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- Fluency in Java and excellent technical knowledge of the Android SDK; Kotlin is, of course, a plus
- Excellent knowledge of tools related to android development: android studio, gradle, git, unit testing and continuous integration systems
- Experience integrating to backend systems with REST APIs
- Able to effectively communicate technical topics to product owners, stakeholders and other business team members
- The ability to help continually improve the technical experience of the engineers in the team and in the company
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online. Or else, if you have any questions regarding your application, please send an email to email@example.com.