AutoScout24 is a leading automotive digital classifieds platform in Europe, in terms of unique monthly visitors and listings. The digital marketplace offers listings products for used and new cars to dealers and private sellers, inspiring people’s best car-owning decisions. In Germany, AutoScout24 enjoys a unique aided brand awareness of 95 percent within its target group. AutoScout24 is part of Scout24 Group, which operates leading digital marketplaces dedicated to the real estate and automotive sectors in Germany and other selected European countries. For more information, please visit: http://www.autoscout24.com
Are you a passionate developer? Are you willing to learn? Do you believe a team can achieve more than a group of people? Then you're in the right place.
Join our team, be part of the search tribe, implement the best search experience for consumers, and make Autoscout24 the greatest place to discover cars.
What we need from you:
Willing to learn is most important skill we expect from you.
We work in a cross-functional team of engineers, product owners, designers, business analysts and other stakeholders on product discovery. Since we introduce additional roles to our cross-functional team setup, it would be great if you have already experience in Android and/or iOS.
To support our lean and agile product development you will be introducing new ideas, challenge feasibility of existing processes and help us to improve where we can.
If you can think it, you can build it. If you can build it, you should run it. You will cover the whole life cycle, from a sticky note on the board, to code, to a running service that is monitored 24 hours a day.
What we need you to bring:
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Expertise in functional programming (Scala) -OR-
- Expertise in building Android applications -OR-
- Expertise in building iOS applications (Swift) -OR-
- You are an expert in Java and want to move to functional world
- We build great teams of highly valued individuals, therefore you must be a team player
- The job is not done after compiling, please bring a DevOps-Mindset (YBIYRI)
- We are international, so English is mandatory, German is nice to have
Optional, every point is a plus:
- Experience with Cloud environments, specifically AWS elastic cloud and managed services
- Experience in working with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines
- Practice in Clean Code, Test Driven Development
- Familiarity with complex software systems or microservice architectures
- Practical knowledge of frameworks like Elasticsearch, Kafka, Docker
- RX Programming
More info about us:
What technologies do we use - https://github.com/AutoScout24/tech-radar
... and how - https://github.com/AutoScout24/hiring
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online.