Scout24 operates leading digital marketplaces in Germany and other selected European countries. ImmobilienScout24 and AutoScout24 are the main operations under the Scout24 brand. ImmobilienScout24 is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Germany, based on consumer traffic and time spent as well as customer numbers and listings. AutoScout24 is a leading automotive digital classifieds platform in Europe, in terms of unique monthly visitors and listings. With our digital marketplaces we are inspiring people’s best decisions. Our purpose is to connect people with cars and homes. More than 1,000 employees in Germany and across Europe work on offering value to our consumers and customers. For more information, please visit: www.scout24.com.
This is a key role within our Data & Analytics team. With your technical skills you will guide our data engineering team to build and develop a scalable and cloud-based data platform. This position ideal for someone with good agile engineering experience, who is strong in data & AWS technologies and loves to build data-driven business. You will be involved in working with huge amount of data, cutting-edge technologies and working with some of the most influential and impactful data projects in Germany.
What we need from you:
- Design and build a scalable, cloud-based and company-wide data platform
- Provide tools and advice for data ingestion, processing and analysis
- Model and develop resilient and performant data architectures and processes
- Find solutions of data challenges within the Scout24 group
- Living Agile: Frequent development cycles, Continuous Delivery and DataOps
- Strong desire to learn about new trends and technologies
- Raise the bar for your team technically
What we need you to bring:
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years work experience in the Big Data area.
- Professional experience with AWS cloud technologies
- Deep knowledge in Hadoop and its ecosystem (Spark, Hive, Presto)
- Expertise in Java, Scala or Python and SQL
- Solid experience in data modelling, resilient engineering
- Fluency in English, German is a plus
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with complex software systems, Lambda architecture or MicroService architectures
- Practice in Clean Code, Test Driven Development or Pair Programming
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online.