Scout24 operates leading digital marketplaces in Germany and other selected European countries. ImmobilienScout24 and AutoScout24 are the main operations under the Scout24 brand. ImmobilienScout24 is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Germany, based on consumer traffic and time spent as well as customer numbers and listings. AutoScout24 is a leading automotive digital classifieds platform in Europe, in terms of unique monthly visitors and listings. With our digital marketplaces we are inspiring people’s best decisions. Our purpose is to connect people with cars and homes. More than 1,000 employees in Germany and across Europe work on offering value to our consumers and customers. For more information, please visit: www.scout24.com.
We are building a cutting-edge cloud experience for engineers on top of AWS. We run multiple teams developing an integrated suite of products, enabling a seamless experience developing, deploying and operating software at Scout24. These products include container platforms, deployment infrastructure, CI/CD servers, tooling for feature toggles, monitoring and more. As Cloud Platform Engineer, you build and run these products and help other teams succeed by applying them.
What we need from you:
- Develop state-of-the art tools and services around containers, CI/CD, deployment, monitoring and more
- Drive the company wide adoption of the cloud platform products of your team
- Act as tutor for cloud technologies for other engineering teams
- Solve hard problems in a distributed system serving millions of customers
- Apply product development thinking when developing the tools and services of your team
- Share your knowledge in blog posts and at meetups and conferences
What we need you to bring:
- In-depth knowledge of cloud providers (Amazon AWS/EC2, Google Cloud Platform) and their services and APIs
- Hands-on experience with a leading container orchestration tool (AWS ECS, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Confident presentation and strong influence skills - able to adapt level and style to the audience
- Strong working knowledge with Docker and Linux
- Proficiency in modern programming languages - preferably Scala, Java or Python
- Experience applying TDD and Continuous Integration & Delivery
- Comfort with working in a distributed team
If this appeals to you but you are in doubt about how exactly your skills match our requirements: We value personality, ambition and an open mind. Don’t hesitate to get in touch and present your personal strengths to us.
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online. Or else, if you have any questions regarding your application, please send an email to email@example.com.