Scout24 operates leading digital marketplaces in Germany and other selected European countries. ImmobilienScout24 and AutoScout24 are the main operations under the Scout24 brand. ImmobilienScout24 is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Germany, based on consumer traffic and time spent as well as customer numbers and listings. AutoScout24 is a leading automotive digital classifieds platform in Europe, in terms of unique monthly visitors and listings. With our digital marketplaces we are inspiring people’s best decisions. Our purpose is to connect people with cars and homes. More than 1,000 employees in Germany and across Europe work on offering value to our consumers and customers. For more information, please visit: www.scout24.com.
We want to bring new features as fast and as frictionless as possible in front of our users. The Delivery Engineering team builds the tools and infrastructure to make this possible. As the leader of that team, you are in a key position within our engineering organization. You will have full management responsibility but are still close to the technical side – ideal for someone who wants to move in a more direct team management position that still allows decision making into technical areas.
What we need from you:
- Develop a long-term vision how we deliver software as fast and as frictionless as possible
- Continuously improve the delivery infrastructure your team develops with a lean product development mindset
- Apply industry best practices for delivery engineering to the engineering landscape at Scout24
- Act as central contact point and evangelist for modern software delivery principles within our engineering organization
- Be an inspirational manager and develop the engineers in your team
- Team up with your recruitment colleagues to attract and retain talents
What we need you to bring:
- Passion for Continuous Delivery and Infrastructure Automation
- Experience managing small teams, including performance management and recruitment
- Hands-on experience applying concepts like Blue/Green and Canary deployments in real life
- Experience delivering software in high-traffic production infrastructures with tools like Spinnaker
- Familiarity with concepts around Feature Toggles and A/B testing
- Experience with Docker and Container Orchestration technologies, such as Amazon ECS and Kubernetes
- Proficiency in modern programming languages - preferably Scala, Java or Python
- Knowledge of cloud environments (we use AWS) and Microservice architectures
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen and café serving the best coffee in Berlin!
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online. Or else, if you have any questions regarding your application, please send an email to email@example.com.