Scout24 operates leading digital marketplaces in Germany and other selected European countries. ImmobilienScout24 and AutoScout24 are the main operations under the Scout24 brand. ImmobilienScout24 is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Germany, based on consumer traffic and time spent as well as customer numbers and listings. AutoScout24 is a leading automotive digital classifieds platform in Europe, in terms of unique monthly visitors and listings. With our digital marketplaces we are inspiring people’s best decisions. Our purpose is to connect people with cars and homes. More than 1,000 employees in Germany and across Europe work on offering value to our consumers and customers. For more information, please visit: www.scout24.com.
SRE Engineer (m/f)
Berlin, Full Time
If you want to take over responsibility in a quickly changing environment come join the Scout24 Site Reliability team and help us keep everything running smoothly while changing a lot under the hood.
Site Reliability Management for us is all about ensuring a flawless experience for our customers and consumers as well as our internal development teams. Scout24 is currently re-platforming Autoscout24 from Windows/.Net/datacenter to Linux/Scala-JDK/AWS, moving from centralized operations to “You build It you run it” and implement a common lightweight OneScout AWS based cloud platform to name just a few of our projects. Our challenge is to provide efficient tooling for our product engineering teams to make running their applications as easy and efficient as possible in the “new” cloud based world while keeping the lights on in the “old” world for the transition time.
Our Platform Engineering Teams work distributed and are currently located in Berlin and Munich. Positions are available in both locations.
What we need from you:
- Develop effective tooling, alerts, and response to both identify and address reliability risks including automatic problem detection and mitigation
- DevOps Mindset
- Participation in on-call rotation
- Engage with product teams to fix production outages and carry forward action items to improve ongoing reliability
- You enjoy solving difficult engineering problems and don’t mind getting your hands dirty
- Willingness to work in a changing environment
What we need you to bring:
- Ability to root cause sources of instability in a high-traffic, distributed system
- Experience with configuration and troubleshooting of Linux, Java/Scala, Docker systems.
- Understands large-scale complex systems from a reliability perspective
- Software engineering skills ideally with experience in python and/or Java
- Passion for resolving reliability issues and identify strategies to mitigate going forward
What would be nice to have
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (particularly AWS)
- Windows & .Net experience
- Scala coding experience
- Deep network analysis experience
- Strong Linux system-level analysis capabilities
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online. Or else, if you have any questions regarding your application, please send an email to email@example.com.