ImmobilienScout24 is the leading online marketplace for private and commercial real estate in Germany. The portal enables people to realize their real estate dreams simply, efficiently and stress-free. ImmobilienScout24 successfully brings commercial real estate sellers, owners and potential tenants and buyers together. Every month, more than 12 million people use the portal. Germany-wide, ImmobilienScout24 achieves a prompted brand recognition score of 96 percent within the relevant target group. ImmobilienScout24 is part of the Scout24 Group, which operates leading digital marketplaces in the real estate and automotive sectors in Germany and other selected European countries. For more information, visit http://www.immobilienscout24.de
Our Search team is a cross-functional group responsible for not only helping people find the home that best suits their needs, but also for generating and surfacing content across the native apps and website based on user behavior and profile. They not only deliver their own product changes, they also act as consultants to other parts of the ImmobilienScout24 team.
What we need from you:
As the engineering lead of the Search team, you will be responsible for the people who build a critical part of both our infrastructure and the user experience. Therefore you will need to…
- Recruit and hire talented engineers and ensure they get up to speed.
- Work with other engineering teams to provide expertise ideas for product changes.
- Provide both technical and personal guidance to your engineers.
- Work with product managers to help them deliver on their goals.
- Be aware of work status, remove blockages and ensure the people are doing the most important work.
What we need you to bring:
You are as enthusiastic about building teams as you are about building new products. You believe teams get satisfaction from the measurable results of solutions to difficult problems. To be great at this role you…
- Are an engineer at heart. You are comfortable coding in languages such as Java, Node.js, Scala or Python.
- Have worked on search and/or recommendation products and can ruin a party by explaining the differences between guided and unguided learning.
- Are familiar with search technologies such as Lucene, Solr or ElasticSearch.
- Bring several years of experience leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Prefer to prove your ideas by trying them and measuring their impact. You accept failure is part of that process.
- Are a strong technical mentor. You’ll lead your team by example.
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader.
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start.
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually.
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends.
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions.
- Our on-site canteen and café serving the best coffee in Berlin!
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online. Or else, if you have any questions regarding your application, please send an email to email@example.com.