ImmobilienScout24 is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Germany. The digital marketplace inspires people’s best real estate decisions and successfully brings commercial real estate sellers, owners and potential tenants and buyers together. Every month, more than 12 million people use the portal. Germany-wide, ImmobilienScout24 achieves a prompted brand recognition score of 96 percent within the relevant target group. ImmobilienScout24 is part of the Scout24 Group, which operates leading digital marketplaces in the real estate and automotive sectors in Germany and other selected European countries. For more information, visit http://www.immobilienscout24.de
The Residential team is the biggest market segment of ImmobilienScout. Your work and decisions will have a direct impact on thousands of customers and company's success. We are a cross-functional team responsible for helping people find the home that best suits their needs or find best agents to help selling their houses.
We value the entrepreneurial mindset, open-mindedness, adaptability, being polyglot, not afraid of taking risks, ownership & responsibility. You will lead the team from technical perspective, make technical decisions, coach the team and guide them to the right technical direction.
What we need from you:
As senior engineer you will need to…
- Develop high-quality software (including features, performance testing, documentation, etc.) for our core customers, the real estate agents in various languages and for various applications
- Participate in architectural discussions, propose and discuss solutions to a system or product.
- Work with other engineering teams to align and propose technical solutions for cross-cutting problems.
- Participate in hiring process, help attracting and retaining great talent.
- Support and develop Software Engineers by providing advice, mentoring, and educational opportunities.
- Work closely with product owners and challenge them in product initiatives and strategy.
- Continuously improve the tools your team develops with a lean product development mindset.
- Willingness to write professional articles, blog posts, speak at conferences and/or organize meetups.
What we need you to bring:
You are as enthusiastic about building teams as you are about building new products. You believe teams get satisfaction from the measurable results of solutions to difficult problems. To be great at this role you…
- Are an engineer at heart. Proficiency in Scala and preferably in Java.
- Have a deep understanding of Continuous Integration & Delivery.
- Are comfortable with version control systems (Git preferred).
- Have familiarity with Docker and related technologies.
- Have knowledge of cloud environments (we use AWS) and microservice architectures.
- Are experienced with relational and non-relational databases
- Bring several years of experience working in or leading multi-disciplinary and multi-culture teams.
- Prefer to prove your ideas by trying them and measuring their impact. You accept failure is part of that process.
- Are a strong technical mentor. You’ll lead your team by example.
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader.
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start.
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually.
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends.
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions.
- Our on-site canteen and café serving the best coffee in Berlin!
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online