ImmobilienScout24 is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Germany. The digital marketplace inspires people’s best real estate decisions and successfully brings commercial real estate sellers, owners and potential tenants and buyers together. Every month, more than 12 million people use the portal. Germany-wide, ImmobilienScout24 achieves a prompted brand recognition score of 96 percent within the relevant target group. ImmobilienScout24 is part of the Scout24 Group, which operates leading digital marketplaces in the real estate and automotive sectors in Germany and other selected European countries. For more information, visit http://www.immobilienscout24.de
How we work:
- Together with the team you will build great software solutions for our core customers, the real estate agents, based on proven and new technologies and integrate these solutions into our ecosystem.
- We work in a cross-functional team of developers, product owners, designers, business analysts and other stakeholders on product discovery
- We take responsibility for the whole stack: Build, test, deploy and operate all the necessary software, front-to-back
- We are living Agile: Frequent development cycles, Pair Programming, Continuous Delivery and DevOps
- We make time to learn about the newest technologies and apply them accordingly
- We celebrate our successes and learn from our failures
What we need you to bring:
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Expertise in functional programming and object oriented software development in Scala and Java.
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Comfortable to work in an Linux/Unix environment
- Practice in Clean Code, Test Driven Development or the willingness to start learning all about it
- Honest willingness to do pair programming
- Familiarity with complex software systems or Microservice architectures
Nice to have
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Experience with the Spring ecosystem (spring.io)
- Experience with Cloud environments, specifically AWS elastic cloud and managed services
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen and café serving the best coffee in Berlin!
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online. Or else, if you have any questions regarding your application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.