Scout24 operates ImmobilienScout24 – the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Germany, based on consumer traffic and time spent as well as customer numbers and listings. As market leader we have built an extensive dataset on offers and demand in the German real estate market for more than 20 years now. Our Data& Analytics team plays a key role in taking this data, and turning it into smart products with the use of state-of-the-art Machine Learning. Thus, we empower a more personalized user experience, make the real estate market more transparent and bring tedious offline tasks during real estate transactions online – all aligned to our company goal of turning www.immobilienscout24.de into the networked marketplace for real estates.
About the role:
Scout24 is looking for an experienced Data Platform Engineer to strengthen our Core Data Platform Team. This team is responsible for our modern AWS-based big data platform based on a data lake in S3, ingest with Kinesis Firehose, Presto on EMR, MicroStrategy, and Alation for our data catalog. In addition, the team builds tooling for Data Engineers to transform and prepare data for analytics purposes.
The Scout24 Data Platform is a central part of our data strategy and powers all new reporting, analytics and machine learning use cases. This role has an outsized impact on the organization: the effectiveness of the Scout24 Data Platform enables a better understanding of our users, new products and data-driven decision making across the organization
What we need you to bring:
- You have experience building large scale (100s of TB) distributed data systems using modern "big data" open source tooling.
- You have a general affinity towards data and data-driven product development.
- You have professional experience writing software with Scala Spark, or you have the strong desire to learn.
- You have experience using AWS in an infrastructure as code, you-build-it-you-run-it environment.
- You are a true DevOps engineer: you are equally at home developing software and operating services.
- You believe in automated testing, continuous integration, infrastructure as code, SLOs, and other SRE best practices.
- You communicate effectively in English. German language skills are not necessary.
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more.
- Extra for our Techies: modern Stack, higher potential for development within the Tech Benchmark, learning is daily part of our culture!