Scout24 operates ImmobilienScout24 – the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Germany, based on consumer traffic and time spent as well as customer numbers and listings. As market leader we have built an extensive dataset on offers and demand in the German real estate market for more than 20 years now. Our Data Science team plays a key role in taking this data and turning it into smart products with the use of state-of-the-art Machine Learning. Thus, we empower a more personalized user experience, make the real estate market more transparent and bring ted ious offline tasks during real estate transactions online – all aligned to our company goal of turning w ww.immobilienscout24.de into the networked marketplace for real estates.
What we need from you:
- You will join our team to develop awesome products for our customers and consumers
- You will be developing in Java on the backend and React on the frontend (Most of the time! We have stuff in other languages, too)
- All the things in the clouds!
- We expect you to learn from the team, while at the same time influencing how the team could do its job better
- Work with our product owners and challenge them on their assumptions
What we need you to bring:
- Someone with a passion for developing software and extending their knowledge on how to do it efficiently and correctly
- Someone who wants to work in a strong team and influence that team on how to perform better
- Someone who is interested in sliding between both front-end and back-end stacks to solve problems instead of just “writing code”
- 1 or more years of experience writing code for web products. If you have written that code in Java – awesome! But not a deal breaker if you have not.
- You use Git and you know why. And you maybe learnt the hard way.
What You Can Expect From Us
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more.
- Extra for our Techies: modern Stack, higher potential for development within the Tech Benchmark, learning is daily part of our culture!