Scout24 operates leading digital marketplaces in Germany and other selected European countries. ImmobilienScout24 and AutoScout24 are the main operations under the Scout24 brand. ImmobilienScout24 is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Germany, based on consumer traffic and time spent as well as customer numbers and listings. AutoScout24 is a leading automotive digital classifieds platform in Europe, in terms of unique monthly visitors and listings. With our digital marketplaces we are inspiring people’s best decisions. Our purpose is to connect people with cars and homes. More than 1,000 employees in Germany and across Europe work on offering value to our consumers and customers. For more information, please visit: www.scout24.com.
This is a leading strategic role at Scout24 where you lead the insights & analytics department in its strategic development. The Head of Analytics endeavors to create new data-driven approaches for the purpose of generating business insights through data analytics, information visualization, and addressing unanswered business issues in a proactive manner.
You will have the opportunity to work with a broad group of highly motivated, inspiring and top in class skilled analysts that derive business value from big data through state of the art technologies. The team is responsible for enhancing the data drivenness at Scout24 and also drives revenue impact through analytics projects.
The role is embedded in the product function and repots directly to the CPO.
Responsibilities and goals you own:
- You retain, coach, grow and support a team of >30 analysts, with 5 team leads reporting directly to you
- You guide the team on their career paths, helping them to enhance their technical/analytical skills and soft skills
- You bridge the gap between business, data science and technology by understanding business needs, and translating them into analysis
- You own the overall analytics strategy which enhances a data driven mindset and skills among all Scout24 verticals
- You drive the performance of analytics solutions to impact overall business results while keeping costs in check and ensuring the department remains within the planned budget
- Partners with, guide and educate businesses on self-service data and analytics
- You demonstrate thorough understanding of overall data models, data relationships, mapping lineage and business rules
- You are able to apply industry knowledge to interpret data and improve company performance
Who will love this job:
- You are a passionate people builder, coach and mentor. You want people to outperform and provide an environment of trust, growth-mind set and positivity
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience leading teams in the data and analytics field
- You are a team player and very good communicator who is capable of outlining and presenting complex issues in a simple manner
- You are the ambassador of your team, raise awareness of the great team you are leading
- You have exceptional problem-solving skills and you work comfortably in a cross-functional setting
- You have some fluency in SQL, R or python and Microstrategy (or equivalent)
- You work comfortably with business senior executives and take accountability for the business’s performance
- You are willing to travel at least twice a month to the respective head quarters of IS24 and AS24 (Berlin and Munich)
- Excellent English skills
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online.