AutoScout24 is one of three Verticals of the Scout24-Group. In our new, modern office in the east of Munich we have over 300 employees inspiring people in important decisions and helping them find the right vehicle. A surrounding in which you can advance your innovative ideas like in a Start-Up awaits you. Sound interesting? Get more insights into the world of Scout24 here: www.scout24.com or here #WorkingAtScout24
Scout24 Group – ImmobilienScout24, AutoScout24, Consumer Services
How we work ("bullshit-free" version):
- We write all new code in Swift but we also carry the baggage of legacy Objective-C code. Ugly 10-year-old Objective-C code. You know what we mean. But we’re committed to getting rid of it.
- We reach 400,000 people every day. We support 13 languages. We have more than 2 million vehicles in our database.
- We really care about quality. We have a lot of tests and keep a close eye on our crash logs.
- We aim to be data-driven. We A/B test all user-facing features.We’re focused on user experience and work closely with UX designers.
- We automate ALL THE THINGS. We own our CI. We use TeamCity, Fastlane, Danger, and all the rest.
- We love trying new things. Architectural patterns, services, tools, you name it. Promises and Apollo (GraphQL) work great for us. Heck, we even tried React Native. Not that great.
What we need from you:
- Passion for development and a strong sense of ownership.
- Be not afraid to explore or touch things, even in ugly old legacy code.
- Be agile.
- Think beyond Swift and Objective-C. There will also be some Ruby, shell scripts, and even the occasional Scala.
- Speak English (German is a plus, Bavarian even more, but that’s more important for Oktoberfest).
- Willing to give and accept help from your colleagues (a.k.a. “collaborative culture”).
- Be smart and don’t overengineer every piece of code you push (some overengineering between Christmas and New Year’s Eve is fine).
- Give and take feedback. It’s not always easy but that’s the foundation of great Teams.
- Good attitude. We take our job seriously, but we can also laugh about ourselves.
- Motivation to deliver great products. People should love to be our users. You can make this difference.
- Team Spirit & Open Mind. You are part of a team and you are working with teams.
- At least one cake on your birthday. Muffins are tolerated.
What you can expect from us:
- Great people from all over the world.
- Lots of code to write.
- Work-life balance. We offer flexible working hours and 30 days of vacation a year.
- Competitive salaries and attractive company pension plan.
- An awesome new and modern building! With roof top bar and grill for parties. And the AC actually works.
- A budget for courses, learning, workshops, conferences, and everything you need to create fewer bugs and build better solutions.
- Nice canteen with free fruits, drinks and more.
- Foosball table and PlayStation. You’re allowed to have fun outside of Xcode.
- A wonderful city around us: Munich!