ImmobilienScout24 is one of three Verticals of the Scout24-Group. In the center of Berlin we have over 600 employees working in comprehensive teams to make our customers Real Estate dreams come true. An environment in which you can advance your innovative ideas like in a Start-Up awaits you. Sound interesting? Get more insights into the world of Scout24 here: www.scout24.com or here #WorkingAtScout24
Scout24 Group – ImmobilienScout24, AutoScout24, Consumer Services
What you should know about us:
- We love UX and great interfaces.
- We run in the Cloud (by “Cloud” we mean AWS).
- We live YBIYRI. We love ownership and building services with minimal risk of nuclear meltdown.
- We test all the things - and we deploy stuff without breaking into a cold sweat (most of the time).
- We’re focused on user experience. So, you should know what data driven means
- We like to be lazy and automate the boring bits.
Some things you'll be doing in this role:
- Build enjoyable, reliable features for millions of daily users
- Work all kinds of frontend magic (some wizardry welcome)
- Write complex client applications, preferably in a way that non-rocket scientists can understand
- Expand our design system and save our product teams lots of precious time and effort
- You like fast loading pages? So do we! Shave milliseconds off of the page load and save tens of hours a day for Germany to spend on other things – like proving the Riemann hypothesis, or something.
What we need from you:
- You are holding a bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Have a passion for development and for delivering with quality.
- Be agile.
- Be open to touch server-side code as well as client-side. It’s okay if you like one better, but they’re both kinda important.
- Be a part of our DevOps
- Speak English (German is a plus, but we can always teach you funny sentences to repeat to your unsuspecting colleagues).
- Good attitude and a positive vibe.
- Be willing to give and accept help from your colleagues (a.k.a. “collaborative culture”).
- Be practical and don’t over-engineer every piece of code you push (some over-engineering between Christmas and New Year’s Eve is fine).
- Be willing to grow. Get better every day. Share your knowledge.
- Give and take feedback. It’s not always easy but that’s the foundation of great teams.
What you can expect from us:
- Great people from all over the world.
- Lots of code to write.
- Work-life balance. We offer flexible working hours and 30 days of vacation a year. (You heard us right, United States: 30!)
- Competitive salaries, and an attractive company pension plan.
- A budget for courses, learning, workshops, conferences, and everything you need to create fewer bugs and build better solutions.
- Nice canteen, free fruits, drinks, and more.
- Loads of people lining up to defeat you at the ping-pong and foosball tables. It’s allowed to have fun outside the IDE.
- Berlin, the objectively greatest city in all the lands, in walking distance.