ImmobilienScout24 Austria (immobilienscout24.at) has been online with its Austrian marketplace since January, 2012. Together with Immobilien.net and immodirekt.at our network has around 2.6 million visits per month and provides its visitors with around 120.000 property offers. 45 highly motivated employees in Scout24´s Austrian headquarter in Vienna collaborate with the aim to provide home-seekers and realtors alike with the best offers in the Austrian real estate market. We are a part of the German Scout24-Group, which operates leading digital marketplaces for real estate and cars in Germany and other European markets.
This is a key role within our Engineering team and gives you the opportunity to build products for ImmobilienScout24 Austria. This is ideal for someone with strong focus on cloud-based data technologies, good service and DataOps orientation, and loves to build data-driven business. You will be involved in working with big amount of data, cutting-edge technologies and working with some of the most influential and impactful data projects in Austria. Help us shaping and steering data drivenness within Scout24 by utilising the transformative power of data technology.
What we need from you:
- Implement and maintain a company-wide data lake and data platform with Python or Node.JS and based on Amazon Web Services.
- Provide self-developed tools and advice for data ingestion, storing, processing and analyzing Big Data.
- Model and develop resilient and performant data architectures and data processes based on Hadoop (Amazon EMR) or server-less infrastructure (AWS Lambda).
- Demonstrated affinity for coaching and consulting in an agile and data-driven company environment.
- Living Agile: Frequent development cycles, Continuous Delivery, DevOps, DataOps.
- Strong desire to learn about new trends and technologies.
- Product thinking, stakeholder management and Machine Learning expertise.
What we need you to bring:
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, Math or in a comparative field
- 2+ years work experience
- Business-proven and hands-on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive, Kafka)
- Experience in Python, R or SQL
- Solid experience in data modelling, resilient engineering, supervised and unsupervised learning methods
- Familiarity with AWS Services (e.g. EC2, EMR, S3, Cloudformation)
- You are fluent in English, German is a plus
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with complex software systems, MicroService architectures, MicroStrategy and in real-time processing.
- Proven track record in the application of Machine Learning on business use cases
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan.
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends.
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online. Or else, if you have any questions regarding your application, please send an email to email@example.com.