ImmobilienScout24 is one of three Verticals of the Scout24-Group. Located in the center of Berlin, we have over 600 employees working in comprehensive teams to make our customers real estate dreams come true. A start-up like environment in which you can advance your innovative ideas awaits you.
Scout24 Group – ImmobilienScout24, AutoScout24, Consumer Services
(Senior) Engineering Manager - (m/f/x)
Immobilien Scout24 – Developer segment is responsible for our property development customers and their listings. The Developer team builds and maintains on line products that help homebuyers make one of their most important life decisions.
We are looking for a engineering manager to support, guide, and inspire a team of software and systems engineers within the Platform Engineering organization and contribute to the development of the team's vision in alignment with our overall strategy. This role is a key position within a leadership team that defines and executes the segment strategy.
What we need from you:
- Empower your team and create a safe and inclusive environment. Help them grow, so they personally develop and advance in their careers.
- Provide technical guidance and establish engineering best practices.
- The ability to take on budgeting, planning and other management tasks.
- A willingness to develop your strategic thinking around technical, people and process related initiatives.
- Work closely with other teams to develop the long-term vision for Scout24’s platform and translate it into an executable roadmap your team can deliver on.
- Help shape and influence the culture of the organization, as part of Scout24’s management team.
- Team-up with your recruitment colleagues to attract talent.
What we need you to bring:
- A passion for building, leading and nurturing successful engineering teams.
- A toolkit to coach, mentor and guide your team.
- A clear and fluid communication style when articulating your ideas.
- A customer and product-oriented mindset.
- Know-how on shipping and operating critical infrastructure.
- Enough understanding of Computer Science and Operations to be able to discuss technical decisions with your team.
- Experience working as an engineering manager or in a similar technical leadership position.
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online.