Scout24 operates leading digital marketplaces in Germany and other selected European countries. ImmobilienScout24 and AutoScout24 are the main operations under the Scout24 brand. ImmobilienScout24 is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Germany, based on consumer traffic and time spent as well as customer numbers and listings. AutoScout24 is a leading automotive digital classifieds platform in Europe, in terms of unique monthly visitors and listings. With our digital marketplaces we are inspiring people’s best decisions. Our purpose is to connect people with cars and homes. More than 1,000 employees in Germany and across Europe work on offering value to our consumers and customers. For more information, please visit: www.scout24.com.
Senior Engineering Manager – Site Reliability Engineering (f/m)
Munich, Full Time
Platform Engineering is responsible for the foundational aspects of Scout's technical infrastructure, including Employee Technology, Information Security, and Cloud & Data-Center compute platforms.
We are looking for a seasoned engineering manager to support, guide, and inspire a team of software and systems engineers within the Platform Engineering organization and contribute to the development of the team's vision in alignment with our overall department vision.
What we need from you:
- Empower your team and create a safe and inclusive environment. Help them grown, so they personally develop and advance in their careers.
- Provide technical guidance and establish engineering best practices.
- Work closely with other teams to develop the long-term vision for Scout24’s SRE model and translate it into an executable roadmap your team can deliver on.
- Help shape and influence the culture of our organization, as part of Scout24’s management team.
- Team-up with your recruitment colleagues to attract talent.
What we need you to bring:
- A passion for building, leading and nurturing successful engineering teams.
- A toolkit to coach, mentor and guide your team.
- A clear and fluid communication style when articulating your ideas.
- A thrill for automation and building automatic systems.
- Know-how on shipping and operating foundational infrastructure like traffic delivery or monitoring systems.
- Enough understanding of Computer Science and Operations to be able to discuss technical decisions with your team.
- Experience in Go or Python.
- Experience working as an engineering manager or on a similar technical leadership position.
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online. Or else, if you have any questions regarding your application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.