Scout24 operates leading digital marketplaces in Germany and other selected European countries. ImmobilienScout24 and AutoScout24 are the main operations under the Scout24 brand. ImmobilienScout24 is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Germany, based on consumer traffic and time spent as well as customer numbers and listings. AutoScout24 is a leading automotive digital classifieds platform in Europe, in terms of unique monthly visitors and listings. With our digital marketplaces we are inspiring people’s best decisions. Our purpose is to connect people with cars and homes. More than 1,000 employees in Germany and across Europe work on offering value to our consumers and customers. For more information, please visit: www.scout24.com.
Data Engineer – Analytics (m/f)
Berlin, Full Time
Scout24 Insights and Analytics is a diverse team of data experts that unlocks business value in product development, marketing and customer experience by enabling self-service of data and information and providing deep business insights. We are looking for a Data Engineer who is excited about building scalable data flows and bringing innovative new ideas on information discovery to live.
What you will do at Scout24:
- Build and maintain scalable, high performing data-processing workflows with a focus on extensibility.
- Work closely with data analysts to realize the full power of data through impactful insights and automated reporting.
- Act as consultant / coach to support analysts in a dynamic environment, making sure we stay on top of the technology wave.
- Work in a diverse, agile environment.
What we need you to bring:
- You make sure that you create high-quality software, by writing readable, well-designed code and thorough testing.
- Hands-on experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive, Kafka).
- Fluent in Scala, Python, SQL, ideally with experience in Spark.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to share skills and knowledge through collaboration and coaching.
- Enthusiasm for learning and keeping up to date with emerging data-processing technologies.
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24