AutoScout24 is a leading automotive digital classifieds platform in Europe, in terms of unique monthly visitors and listings. The digital marketplace offers listings products for used and new cars to dealers and private sellers, inspiring people’s best car-owning decisions. In Germany, AutoScout24 enjoys a unique aided brand awareness of 95 percent within its target group. AutoScout24 is part of Scout24 Group, which operates leading digital marketplaces dedicated to the real estate and automotive sectors in Germany and other selected European countries. For more information, please visit: http://www.autoscout24.com
Be part of a strong UX-Guild at Scout and play a leading role within the team and focus on building the best product together with Product manager, Developers, Analysts.
- As a Lead UX Designer (m/f), you will develop a world-class consumer experience by leading UX design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Lead a small to medium size UX team and ensure quality of output and outcome.
- Working with associated Product Leads and Engineering Managers and stakeholders within your business unit.
- Together with your Direct Manager (Head of Product) and with input from the UX teams across Scout you’ll develop and execute a UX Design strategy, aligned with your business unit & company strategy.
- Oversee and value all aspects of UX, from Discovery to Delivery to ensure sustainable and lean product development.
- Motivate and develop your team throughout the projects and establish a common culture that the team identifies with.
- Be a driving force in workshop situations and inspire UX designers and stakeholders the design thinking way.
- Encourage upwards, sideways and downwards communication to ensure alignment as well as knowledge transfer within the team.
Ownership & Delivery (General)
- You create consumer products shaped by business constraints and User Centered Design.
- Be autonomous and take full ownership of your work.
- You have a user-first-centric design mentality: You aim at improving your work constantly by feedback from peers and users.
- Think big, start small: Improve solutions step by step with testing prototypes early and A/B tests constantly.
- Highly organized and efficient working with multiple projects to meet tight deadlines.
- Basic understanding of technical requirements.
- Experience collaborating with a cross-functional team of product management, engineers, analytics, marketing as well as a multidisciplinary UX Guild team (Research, Concept, User Interface, Front-End)
- Get aligned with other UX designers across business units on a regular basis and play an active role in setting the overall company to the next UX/UI level.
- Let users lead the way: listen to and know our users to let their needs guide us to the best solutions.
- Use your qualitative as well as quantitative research knowledge to guide your cross-functional team through user-centered-design phases and make results tangible through sustainable KPIs.
Concept & Validation
- Anchor work with a broader view of the User Experience. Consider end-to-end product flows, differing UI’s (mobile first, desktop, native apps), as well as multiple consumer touch points (email, support, push notifications, etc.)
- Ensure consumers can intuitively learn about our products
- Constantly refine and validate by adding testing to your weekly schedule, not just when your prototypes are ready
- Be able to test the value of broader ideas and concepts in addition to usability
- Use prototypes as your primary method for communicating ideas both internally and externally
- Understand how different prototypes should be used for different purposes (low fidelity vs. high fidelity)
User Interface & Visual Design
- Demonstrate high level visual and interaction design prowess
- Create production-ready assets and a look consistent with our tone of voice while pleasing our users
- Expert proficiency with Sketch and other design tools like Illustrator, Photoshop, Invision, Zeplin, Principle etc.
What we need you to bring:
- Fluent in german and english
- You have at least 5 years of experience designing for web and mobile at user-centric tech or media companies. You’ve shipped many consumer products and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You are an amazing UI/UX designer who wants to put our product experience on the next level.
- You love sketching concepts, optimizing flows and provide visionary designs. You think big but act act pragmatically where need be.
- You have the highest quality standards and are committed to providing absolute satisfaction to all stakeholders.
- Leadership experience, teaming skills, empathy and willingness to work in interdisciplinary team
- Positive attitude that inspires team members and an intrinsic motivation to deliver the highest quality
- Your great communication skills help the team and stakeholders to understand your designs. You are able to set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts to make business strategy come to life
- You have a people-centric design mentality: you aim at improving your work constantly by feedback from peers and users. You’re conducting hands-on user research, or provide iterative versions for A/B tests
- You master your tools like Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, Principle, Axure, HTML and the like
- You can manage diverse and conflicting requirements, set goal-oriented priorities and complete large-scale projects in a timely manner
What you can expect from us:
For 20 years now we are an agile, dynamic and multicultural company. Talents can make a difference and support our customer every single day. What awaits you:
- An attractive salary package and a lucrative employer-funded pension
- Work-Life-Balance with flexible working hours, Home-office opportunity and 30 vacation days
- Personal development trough individual trainings, language courses, workshops and seminars
- Personal Benefits, such as price reducation at the gym or the cafeteria
- Fresh fruits every day and of course free drinks
- We celebrate achievements together with: team events, summer festival, Oktoberfest and Christmas party
We are looking forward to your application.