AutoScout24 is a leading automotive digital classifieds platform in Europe, in terms of unique monthly visitors and listings. The digital marketplace offers listings products for used and new cars to dealers and private sellers, inspiring people’s best car-owning decisions. In Germany, AutoScout24 enjoys a unique aided brand awareness of 95 percent within its target group. AutoScout24 is part of Scout24 Group, which operates leading digital marketplaces dedicated to the real estate and automotive sectors in Germany and other selected European countries. For more information, please visit: http://www.autoscout24.com
Are you a passionate developer? Are you willing to learn? Do you believe a team can achieve more than a group of people? Then you're in the right place. Join our team, be part of the Dealer Segement, implement the best experience for Customers around generating and displaying Leads and make Autoscout24 the greatest place to sell cars.
What we need from you:
- If your specialty is more in the Backend part of a tech stack, you are more than welcome if you are willing to improve on the other topics like Frontend too
- To support our lean and agile product development you will be introducing new ideas, challenge feasibility of existing processes and help us to improve where we can
- If you can think it, you can build it. If you can build it, you should run it. You will cover the whole life cycle, from a sticky note at the board to code to a running service that is monitored and will nag you if it fails
- Even when striving for excellence, there are times where a compromise might be the best thing. But not on quality. We want you to join us on this journey by finding the right mix between time and user value
- You will work on designing and implementing sustainable technical solutions
What we need you to bring:
You can think logically, are smart and have a passion and drive to learn new things. If you have a university degree in Math, Physics or science we want to hear from you, even if you are just starting.
- Experience in functional programming Scala (or experience in another programming language plus outstanding education background)
- We build great teams of highly valued individuals, therefore you must be a team player
- The job is not done after compiling, please bring a DevOps-Mindset (YBIYRI)
- We are international, so English is mandatory, German is nice to have
Optional, every point is a plus:
- Experience in web programming
- Experience with Cloud environments, especially AWS cloud
- Experience in working with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Familiarity with microservice architectures
- Practical knowledge of frameworks like GraphQL, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Docker, React, ..
- Advanced programming techniques: Reactive Programming, Functional programming
If this appeals to you but you are in doubt about how exactly your skills match our requirements: We value personality, ambition and an open mind. Don’t hesitate to get in touch and present your personal strengths to us.
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online.