Scout24 operates leading digital marketplaces in Germany and other selected European countries. ImmobilienScout24 and AutoScout24 are the main operations under the Scout24 brand. ImmobilienScout24 is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Germany, based on consumer traffic and time spent as well as customer numbers and listings. AutoScout24 is a leading automotive digital classifieds platform in Europe, in terms of unique monthly visitors and listings. With our digital marketplaces we are inspiring people’s best decisions. Our purpose is to connect people with cars and homes. More than 1,000 employees in Germany and across Europe work on offering value to our consumers and customers. For more information, please visit: www.scout24.com.
As Head of Product Management for Financial Products & Services you will shape the future for our consumers making financing and insurance of cars an easy and stress-free experience. You’ll directly participate in our day-to-day work but also be a vital part of creating a mid to long-term business strategy. You are a commercially focused leader who can drive the business cross-functionally, identify market opportunities, build and optimize products and plan and execute effective roll-out strategies. The ideal candidate will have the balance between being highly analytically and also being creative, in order to prioritize adequately in driving impact, creating new and optimize existing products. You are mainly responsible for product management but also for promotion, place, price and people, together with your team peers. You are a leader with a “getting things done” mentality who knows how to create value in a small, fast paced and high performing team.
What we need from you:
- Leading the product management for our financial products & services, being part of a cross functional team
- You shape a solid mid to long-term strategy and build a business plan. You connect the strategy with quarterly plans and day to day business
- Generate a deep understanding of our customers’ needs and any related technological opportunities. You become the product hero for all finance and insurance related products. You own them, drive them, launch them and kill them. You’ll know our customers better than anyone else, include their feedback into product development and continuously optimize products and processes.
- Together with the team and peers you plan and execute marketing strategies
- You create business opportunities and products for our finance customers and their various departments (Marketing, Sales, After-Sales, financial institutions)
- Collaborate closely with other departments such as consumer marketing, IT and sales on a continuous basis
- Pitch product concepts to the executive board and peers and present progress/results
- Keep up with the latest online trends and let our products be inspired by them
- Keep a close eye on competition and have a clear plan to leverage USPs
- Be obsessed with data: test and measure everything we develop and build data-driven products
- Make financing of a car as easy as possible for our customers. Make them love us for our products.
What we need you to bring:
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent
- You have 7+ years of relevant experience including leadership - ideally in an international set-up
- You know and understand the finance and or insurance market very well and are ideally well connected to relevant players within the market.
- Strong business driver with great analytical, commercial and strategic skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit, who can navigate ambiguity and aggressively prioritize
- Excellent leadership skills, building high-performance teams
- In-depth experience in online/mobile product management with a proven track record of successful projects in the online business
- You’re passionate about the things you do
- You have already lead a small team of product managers and shown that you drive cross-functional teams to deliver high-performance
- “Getting things done – fast” is your motto
- Your strong empathy and communication skills help you to understand our users, work together in a cross-functional team, and keep stakeholders happy
- You know how to prioritize and when to apply attention to detail
- Be bold: dare something and learn from failure
- Fluency in English – German is a plus
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online.