Scout24 operates leading digital marketplaces in Germany and other selected European countries. ImmobilienScout24 and AutoScout24 are the main operations under the Scout24 brand. ImmobilienScout24 is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Germany, based on consumer traffic and time spent as well as customer numbers and listings. AutoScout24 is a leading automotive digital classifieds platform in Europe, in terms of unique monthly visitors and listings. With our digital marketplaces, we are inspiring people’s best decisions. Our purpose is to connect people with cars and homes. More than 1,000 employees in Germany and across Europe work on offering value to our consumers and customers. For more information, please visit: www.scout24.com.
Data Engineer – Data Landscape Engineer (m/f)
Munich, Full Time
As a Data Landscape Engineer, your primary goal is to develop and maintain Scout24’s world-class data platform. You will be handling huge volumes of data and cutting-edge technology to support data projects throughout the company. This key role within the Data & Analytics team is ideal for someone with deep knowledge and experience in cloud-based data solutions, and a great sense of service towards data-driven business needs. Help us shape and steer the transformative power of Big Data!
What we need from you:
- You’re one of the owners of our data lake and data platform
- You model and develop resilient solutions to store, ingest, process and analyze high volumes of data
- You can adopt a consulting and coaching mindset to best support all data stakeholders in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
- You constantly apply logical, analytical and critical thinking to Big Data, with a strong desire to learn about new trends and how to implement them
- You’re Living Agile, ready for frequent development cycles, continuous delivery, DevOps and DataOps work
What we need you to bring:
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, Mathematics, or a similar field
- 2+ years work or equivalent experience
- Business-proven, hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive, Kafka)
- Fluent in Python, Scala, R or SQL
- Linux, Shell, DevOps know-how
- Full professional proficiency in English, German is a plus
Nice to have:
- Versed in Clean Code, Test-driven Development or Pair Programming
- Familiarity with complex software systems, Microservice architecture, MicroStrategy or real-time processing.
What you can expect from us:
At Scout24 we value the diversity of our employees as much as our users’ individual life scripts. Our doors are open for everyone and free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives. Our culture embraces a workplace that fits in with your personal way of life. Together, we build leading digital marketplaces in Europe. Some of the things we offer include:
- An environment that provides the opportunity for impact you would find in a start-up combined with the resources of a market leader
- Competitive salaries, an attractive company pension plan and personal benefits such as gym membership discount as a start
- Great work-life balance, including flexible working hours, home office and 30 days of vacation annually
- A commitment to diversity and a positive environment where we are not just colleagues but teammates and friends
- Continuous development including skills training, language courses, and many other workshops and sessions
- Our on-site canteen, fresh fruit, free drinks and more
- Got curious? Then take a look behind the scenes: https://walls.io/scout24
We want to hear from you, so apply directly online. Or else, if you have any questions regarding your application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.