Scorpion Therapeutics is a precision oncology company founded in February 2020 by a preeminent group of scientists from Harvard University/Massachusetts General Hospital – Keith Flaherty, MD, Gaddy Getz, Ph.D. and Liron Bar-Peled, Ph.D. The company has raised $270M in Series A and Series B financings led by blue-chip investors, including Atlas Venture, Boxer Capital of Tavistock Group, EcoR1 Capital, LLC, Omega Funds, and Vida Venture.
Scorpion Therapeutics’ mission is to serve oncology patients by discovering and developing best-in-class and first-in-class, small molecule cancer medicines that address large patient segments with significant unmet medical needs. To accomplish this mission, we are building a highly collaborative team focused on the pursuit of novel approaches to small molecule drug discovery. This approach relies upon dynamic collaboration between cancer biology, proteomics, informatics, structural biology and medicinal chemistry – with the ultimate goal of realizing the full potential of targeted/precision oncology.
Employment Type: Contract (30-40hrs/week)
Term: 6 Month Rolling Contract with Potential for Full Time Permanent Hire
Hourly Rate: $45-$50/hr
The Scorpion People & Culture team is looking for an on-site partner to join us and work on an array of high-impact projects across the P&C umbrella. You will influence every step of the employee lifecycle and enable us to deliver on a truly supportive employee experience. This is a generalist role where you might touch any of the following in the same week: managing an HRIS system, coordinating learning & development efforts, driving our operational needs, or helping prepare for a new hire’s first day. In this role, you’ll get to impact every employee’s experience and relationship with Scorpion Therapeutics.
As the People and Culture Partner, your primary responsibilities include the following:
People & Culture Operations:
- Play a leadership role in onsite people operations, serving as the primary face of new-hire onboarding, including initial key card and security system setup, seating assignment and seating map management, facilitating transportation/ parking arrangement for new and existing hires, and more.
- Deliver exceptional hiring and candidate experience by coordinating scheduling through our ATS (Greenhouse).
- Enable a smooth and successful employee onboarding experience by managing the onboarding process, gathering consistent feedback, and incorporating improvements to continuously improve new hires’ experience at Scorpion.
- Assist employees with benefit enrollments such as Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k and being a go-to resource for People Operations and Benefit questions.
- Maintain digital employee records and update HR databases accordingly.
- Provide HR and Culture support as ad hoc.
- Support cultural efforts such as advising on a company culture plan, strategizing around events, and partnering with relevant team members on larger scale quarterly team events.
- We have an exciting People & Culture strategy and series of projects to work on! This role will include plenty of opportunities to take on additional projects aligned with P&C strategy based on the individual’s interests and experience.
- Organize catering meals and associated activities for weekly Family Lunches and Scorpion bowls.
- Foster a sense of onsite community by supporting crucial corporate culture initiatives including company cocktail hours, team outings, milestone celebrations, etc.
- Provide administrative support for all non-executive team members, including remote workers and those at Scorpion’s Boston and San Francisco sites, and especially for the Operations and Administrative teams.
- Oversee and maintain office and café equipment (furniture, appliances) and act as a liaison for visiting service providers.
- Manage low–lift office operations including managing relationships with building management, partnering with certain team members to order supplies, creating processes around parking and mail management.
- 3+ years’ experience in human resources, culture and community or related position
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or business administration preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Experience dealing with sensitive, complex, and highly confidential employee situations.
- Fluent knowledge of Federal and Provincial laws and legislation as it applies to employee-related situations.
- Ability to react quickly to changes, while keeping alignment with long-term direction
- Motivated by complexity and challenges; energized by evolving, exciting environments.
- Ability to forge, grow and maintain positive relationships with multiple groups.
- Ability to prioritize workload and complete tasks within tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, troubleshooting, problem-solving skills, and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with HR / payroll software systems
- Computer proficient with experience in Outlook and Microsoft Office
- Highly organized and detail oriented
Scorpion Therapeutics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to create and maintain a diverse working environment. We do not discriminate for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Beginning October 13, 2021, Scorpion Therapeutics requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.