Scorpion Therapeutics is a precision oncology company founded in February 2020 by a preeminent group of scientists from Harvard University/Massachusetts General Hospital – Keith Flaherty, MD, Gaddy Getz, Ph.D. and Liron Bar-Peled, Ph.D. The company has raised $270M in Series A and Series B financings led by blue-chip investors, including Atlas Venture, Boxer Capital of Tavistock Group, EcoR1 Capital, LLC, Omega Funds, and Vida Venture.
Scorpion Therapeutics’ mission is to serve oncology patients by discovering and developing best-in-class and first-in-class, small molecule cancer medicines that address large patient segments with significant unmet medical needs. To accomplish this mission, we are building a highly collaborative team focused on the pursuit of novel approaches to small molecule drug discovery. This approach relies upon dynamic collaboration between cancer biology, proteomics, informatics, structural biology and medicinal chemistry – with the ultimate goal of realizing the full potential of targeted/precision oncology.
Senior / Data scientist / Computational scientist, Mass Spectrometry Proteomics
We are seeking a highly motivated Computational Biologist with substantial experience in mass spectrometry informatics to join our Data Science team in Boston. The successful candidate will lead methods development for mass-spectrometry-based chemical screens data analysis. This role will provide exposure to multiple phases of drug discovery and an opportunity to work with computational chemists, structural biologists, and machine learning experts to make a computational drug design a reality.
- Analyze data from high-throughput chemical libraries/proteome interactions screens
- Build and perfect informatics pipeline for mass spectrometry-based proteomics
- Work in close collaboration with scientists from chemical biology group actively contributing to research, methods development and experimental design
- Provide interpretation and analysis of results and present findings in cross-functional project team meetings
- Adhere to reproducible data science best practices
- Maintain excellent communication across internal and external team members
- Ph.D. in quantitative scientific field and 2+ years of professional experience
- Experience in the development of computational methods for processing and extracting biological data from mass-spectrometry-based proteomics datasets
- Understanding of current state-of-the-art methods for mass-spectrometry-based proteomics data analyses and their underlying statistical principles
- A strong record of achievement, including publications in high-impact journals
- Strong coding skills, fluency in using Python and/or R for complex data analysis
- Experience with AWS compute environment is highly preferred
- Working knowledge of Java or Thermo IAPI is a strong plus
- Integrity, scientific rigor and commitment to teamwork
Scorpion Therapeutics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to create and maintain a diverse working environment. We do not discriminate for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Beginning October 13, 2021, Scorpion Therapeutics requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.