theScore, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PENN Entertainment , empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. theScore’s sports betting app ‘theScore Bet Sportsbook & Casino’ delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting and iCasino experience. theScore Bet is currently live in the Company's home province of Ontario. theScore also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
About the Role & Team
Our mission on the Mobile Platform team is to accelerate engineering processes for our mobile developers (iOS and Android), empowering them with internal tools and libraries to build reliable and scalable services. We operate at a foundational level and the developers are our primary customers. As a Senior Technical Product Manager on the team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with these talented and friendly developers to learn more about the cutting edge technology they use and help shape our strategy and vision. You’ll get to combine your business acumen and technical expertise to discover and deliver innovative solutions to some of our developer’s biggest challenges.
About the Work
As a Sr. Technical Product Manager on a Mobile Platform team you will:
- Work closely with iOS and/or Android developers and engineering stakeholders to discover their pain points
- Conduct platform specific market research to help guide internal decisions on priorities
- Conduct discovery and ideation sessions to validate new ideas
- Work together with engineering and product stakeholders to gain insights and alignment
- Gain a working knowledge of cutting edge technologies and concepts related to mobile platforms (ie. API gateway, design systems, component libraries)
- Leverage your insights to help shape Mobile Platform team’s strategy and roadmap
- Lead the day to day product development process for Mobile Platform teams
- Gather and refine technical requirements into executable and testable units of work
- Continuously improve agile methodologies used by the team to accelerate processes
- Prioritize technical backlogs based on engineering and business objectives
- Manage the release process jointly with the Release Management team
- Other duties as required
- 5+ years of product management experience in a technical environment
- Background in computer science, business, IT, or related field
- Have working knowledge of various components of mobile systems (ie. iOS, Android, Design Systems or GraphQL APIs)
- Comfortable going deep into the inner workings of technology to be able to work with developers to collect and prioritize technical requirements
- Strong stakeholder and project management skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to senior/executive stakeholders
- Must be a team player and self-starter
- Nice to have: experience with Datadog, GraphQL, API Gateways, Design Systems
- Nice to have: hands on experience with programming or working with server side technologies (ie. using CLI, reading through logs, etc)
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Parental leave top up.
- Opportunities for career progression and mentoring others.
theScore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.