theScore, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PENN Entertainment , empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. theScore’s sports betting app ‘theScore Bet Sportsbook & Casino’ delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting and iCasino experience. theScore Bet is currently live in the Company's home province of Ontario. theScore also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
About the Role & Team
As a member of the Change Management team under the Release Management group, you will be responsible for overseeing the end to end regulatory lab and third party lab certifications, reviewing change management requirements and their impact for the theScore Bet and Barstool Sportsbook platforms. This opportunity will provide you exposure to the regulated sports betting and igaming industry. You will be challenged with the fast-paced nature of theScore’s release delivery, multiple product portfolios, regulatory compliance, change management protocols and audits. You will be a part of a diverse group of talented Release Managers, Release Coordinators, Change Managers, Change Management Analysts and Release Engineers that continuously contribute to evolving our processes as we expand our operating jurisdictions.
About the Work
- End to end oversight of regulatory lab and third party lab certifications for theScore Bet and Barstool Sportsbook platforms
- Assist in understanding new industry regulations that would affect the engineering team
- Work across engineering, product, marketing, security, data analytics and other teams to ensure compliance with regulations and company policy
- Take regulatory requirements and help assist in analysis of level of work for engineering and product departments
- Support the engineering team during routine annual/periodic external audits with regulatory bodies, responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Act as a liaison with external auditors
- Submit and provide documentation to auditors upon request
- Schedule meetings between external auditors and stakeholders
- Provide project statuses to management, engineering team leads, and other stakeholders
- Update/develop documentation around policies and procedures needed for the engineering team ensuring standards and procedures are accurate and available to staff
- Perform gap analysis on state technical gaming regulations to determine what will need to be develop to deployed for the theScore and Barstool Sportsbook platforms to additional states or provinces
- Provide support with other compliance documentation needs as they arise, facilitating policy review updating/developing IT internal controls, etc.
- Other duties as required
- Degree in computer science/engineering, or equivalent knowledge and/or experience.
- Two to five years of experience in Information Technology (IT) Audit, IT Risk Governance or Compliance with experience dealing with audits and/or IT Risk Assessments
- Understanding of organizational IT policies and compliance to them
- Background in highly regulated industries such as finance and gaming
- Experience working with regulators and third party labs/auditors
- Experience executing IT Risk Assessments and gap analysis exercises
- Knowledge of ISO domains and standards; Knowledge about security frameworks such as NIST
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with technical and non-technical stakeholders
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Education and conference reimbursements
- Parental leave top up
- Opportunities for career progression and mentoring others
theScore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.