theScore, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PENN Entertainment , empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. theScore’s sports betting app ‘theScore Bet Sportsbook & Casino’ delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting and iCasino experience. theScore Bet is currently live in the Company's home province of Ontario. theScore also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
About the Role & Team
As a member of the Release Management team, you will be responsible for assisting with overseeing the end to end release delivery of the theScore Media, theScore Bet and Barstool Sportsbook platforms. This opportunity will provide you exposure to both regulated and non-regulated part of the sports media, sports betting and igaming industry. You will be challenged with the fast-paced nature of theScore’s release delivery, multiple product portfolios, regulatory compliance, change management protocols and audits. You will be a part of a diverse group of talented Release Managers, Release Coordinators, Change Managers, Change Management Analysts and Release Engineers that continuously contribute to evolving our processes as we expand our operating jurisdictions.
About the Work
- Assist and/or coordinate Release Management and Quality Assurance administrative activities.
- Update various Release and QA documentations, artifacts, host meetings, take notes and follow up items as required.
- Assist with forward planning the release windows and cycles across the company.
- Assist with managing risks and resolve issues and roadblocks that affect release scope, schedule, quality and delivery.
- Assist with coordinating weekly mobile app and backend service releases across different feature teams.
- Assist with daily communications for all key project plans, statuses, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Work with QA, Development, DevOps, TPM, PMO, Legal, Compliance and Product to ensure that development projects adhere to the release process and change management protocols.
- Prepare and maintain release artifacts and ensure accuracy.
- Assist with end to end oversight of release delivery and required release management activities.
- Assist with facilitating the Release Go/No Go meetings, CAB meetings and providing regular status updates to all stakeholders.
- Assist with overseeing and/or participate with the preparation and execution of production deployments and maintenance activities.
- Assist with QA activities and/or test execution as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Degree in computer science/engineering, or equivalent knowledge and/or experience.
- Previous release and/or project management experience, (understanding of project management and release management principles preferred).
- Effective communication and previous experience interfacing with regulatory authorities
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Demonstrated effective leadership, time management and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and track record of meeting deadlines.
- Familiarity with mobile release cycles and a modern technology stack.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Parental leave top up.
- Opportunities for career progression and mentoring others.
theScore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.