theScore, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PENN Entertainment , empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. theScore’s sports betting app ‘theScore Bet Sportsbook & Casino’ delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting and iCasino experience. theScore Bet is currently live in the Company's home province of Ontario. theScore also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
About the Role & Team
As a QA Automation Lead, you will work closely with the automation teams of friendly, dedicated and smart individuals across various projects. You will be responsible for defining, managing and monitoring the overall automation strategy, which can help in reducing the backlog and enhancing the existing quality & test execution time. Furthermore, you will focus on improving the automation tech stack and looking for tools & areas of improvement to enhance efficiency and quality. In addition, you will be responsible for setting the automation team’s technical vision and roadmap and developing & tracking project schedules. We want you to be challenged to build a high-performing Automation team and as the QA Automation Lead, you will be responsible for their career progression, performance appraisals and career journeys.
About the Work
- Lead a team of automation engineering professionals to ensure the highest product quality, establishing best practices and implementing automation standards.
- Understand how all applications and systems will work together and develop an automation approach that fits the overall strategy.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand the product vision, requirements and to provide support for better automation/test coverage.
- Responsible for managing automation execution strategies and the creation of appropriate test artifacts with a focus on optimized testing coverage for every release.
- Oversee the development and timely execution of automation plans, monitoring and reporting on test execution and quality metrics as per release deadlines.
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate qualitative and quantitative findings from automation triaging and monitor bug resolution efforts.
- Assist with the maintenance and development of the current automation framework for Web and native mobile apps on Android & iOS platforms.
- Continuously evolve the automation best practices, test coverage, processes and tooling as required.
- Anticipate organizational and technical issues and provide detailed projections and issue post-mortems.
- Responsible for maximizing the development and use of automation testing to improve testing efficiency, coverage and delivery continuously.
- Define monthly/quarterly targets for the automation teams and provide KPIs & overall status to the stakeholders.
- Other duties as required.
- Degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent knowledge and/or experience.
- Previous Quality Assurance Team Leadership / Management experience, preferably a thorough understanding of testing strategies, including automated, manual and performance testing.
- You are an experienced leader bringing the best out of your team, ensuring all the team members are happy and challenged and removes team roadblocks as necessary.
- Experience automating tests for native mobile applications: Android & iOS.
- Experience developing automated tests using Kotlin and Java, and OOP concepts.
- Experience using version control (Git), defect tracking systems (JIRA) and test case management & specifications (TestRail, Cucumber).
- Experience with continuous integration (working experience with Jenkins is required).
- Experience with configuration languages and package managers (yaml, groovy, gradle, pip, brew, npm).
- Knowledge of basic scripting in bash and python on macOS and Linux/Unix environments.
- Experience with mobile build tools, log extraction, and crash log literacy.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Demonstrated effective leadership, time management and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A deep understanding of quality assurance in a team and a track record of shipping/releasing applications on time.
- Familiarity with mobile release cycles and a modern technology stack.
- Familiarity with mobile and web automation tools (Appium, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, UI Automator).
Main Tools Used & Preferred
- Test Management: TestRail, Cucumber.
- Atlassian: Jira, Confluence.
- MacOS, iOS, Android.
- Appium, Selenium, Kotlin, Java, Groovy.
- Jenkins scripted pipelines, yaml, python, bash.
- Web/HTTP Proxy tools such as Charles Proxy, mitmproxy, okhttp, REST-assured, k6.io.
- Sauce Labs, BrowserStack, Jenkins, Circle CI, App Center and Github .
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Parental leave top up.
- Opportunities for career progression and mentoring others.
theScore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.