theScore, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PENN Entertainment , empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. theScore’s sports betting app ‘theScore Bet Sportsbook & Casino’ delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting and iCasino experience. theScore Bet is currently live in the Company's home province of Ontario. theScore also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
About the Role & Team
- Work with a seasoned team managing a modern technology stack across AWS and GCP using Cloud Native solutions.
- Be on the leading edge working with the latest technologies to solve problems for the team and teams we support.
- Conduct POCs and make recommendations about the best way to approach complex problems and design/guide new technology creation.
- Work closely with partner teams on SRE, CI/CD, AppSec, Dev, and security initiatives
- Live within a highly advanced DevOps culture that focuses on improvements versus blame.
About the Work
As a key member of our DevOps and SRE team you will:
- Your time will be split between two work streams
- a. Agile scrum for design and Engineering work / projects
- b. Supporting teams who need our wizardry to solve significant issues
- Internal Support requests do occur and you will be responsible for making configuration changes for our code repository, troubleshooting, and other duties that are requested from you when needed.
- Project work that provide services to our stakeholders encompass:
- a. Full Stack Observability
- b. Continuous Deployment
- c. Self-service on-demand infrastructure and clusters
- d. Integrated change and release management
- e. Performance-as-a-service
- f. Secure SDLC
- You will be required to be on call in a rotation to support the team on occasion. Due to team size this is infrequent. Lieu time provided.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in a similar role or resilience/DevOps role.
- Love to use Git to make your life easier using CI/CD to protect your personal time
- Experience working with Containerization (Kubernetes strongly preferred)
- Love to learn and work with new technologies!
- Automation/Orchestration: experience with configuration management and infrastructure as code tools is a must. Terraform (preferred), Ansible, Helm, etc.
- Experience with a programming language (Bash & Python preferred).
- Extensive experience in Linux.
- Experience working with AWS, GCP, and/or on-premise.
- A combination of software development and production operations experience would be ideal.
- Ability to work independently and learn quickly with little supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to drop everything and take on an ad-hoc task.
- You’re the type of individual who is extremely tech-savvy and passionate about learning new technologies and tools.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, and/or similar experience.
- Nice to have: Postgres, MySQL, Elastic Search, Kafka, Redis, Helmfile, Terragrunt, Prometheus, and any web programming.
What We Offer
- A brilliant team who can extend your knowledge and skills
- Competitive compensation package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Parental leave top up.
- Opportunities for career progression and mentoring others.
theScore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.