theScore, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PENN Entertainment , empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. theScore’s sports betting app ‘theScore Bet Sportsbook & Casino’ delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting and iCasino experience. theScore Bet is currently live in the Company's home province of Ontario. theScore also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
About the Role & Team
As part of the theScore team, you will be working with a team of smart, friendly, and dedicated Engineers, Product Managers and Designers determined to deliver some of the best apps the market has to offer. We want you to be challenged and to get the full experience of what it’s like to work at theScore!
About the Work
- Develop, scale, and optimize amazing GraphQL, RESTful APIs and gRPC as required by individual services.
- Be part of our backend service teams supporting web and mobile clients.
- Participate in the design, architecture, and delivery of new features in a collaborative agile/scrum environment.
- Other duties as required.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, distributed systems, algorithms and software design.
- Passionate about clean code architecture and software craftsmanship.
- Experience with modern web framework and API development (Phoenix, Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Django, Node).
- Experience with Git and GitHub or similar.
- A strong grasp and experience with relational databases; including PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Experience with background job processing (Exq, Sidekiq, Celery, Beanstalk, RabbitMQ, Kafka).
- Comfortable working in the terminal.
- Proficiency within an editor of your choice.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as ExUnit, RSpec, Jest, pytest or equivalent.
- Experience working with profiling tools.
- Knowledge and familiarity with caching strategies and tools.
- Consuming and integrating with third party APIs.
What We Offer:
- Ship features that impact millions of users.
- Work on large distributed systems spanning public cloud and on-prem locations.
- Learn how to manage workloads, at scale, running on Kubernetes
- Contribute to a federated GraphQL API used by millions of clients.
- Top of the line office hardware
- Competitive compensation package
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Opportunities for career progression and mentoring others
theScore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.