What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for an ambitious software engineer possessing a strong understanding of software engineering processes and methodologies as well as functional and object-oriented design and programming experience. Ideal candidates will be able to take an active role in reviewing/accepting requirements, building new data collection, manipulation and storage functionality and/or features that use this data to make the hybrid cloud manageable from a single pane of glass.
Who we are…
We are a Forrester Wave Leader. We are a small, nimble software company who is reinventing the way companies manage their hybrid cloud data and systems. Through AI/ML, we provide modern IT Operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster and smarter. Our Engineers and Product Managers are some of the brightest, most creative minds in their field and we are passionate about our product. We work hard and play hard. We use bleeding edge technologies on our industry leading SL1 AIOps platform.
What you’ll be doing…
- Build and maintain highly scalable full stack (server-side and UI client-side) processes for the purpose of data collection, manipulation, data pruning, trending and analytics, etc
- Review and maintain product backlog and implement features adhering to sound Engineering principles
- Take an active role in understanding and prioritizing technical debt
- Review and correct and/or delegate resolution of defects
- Work in a collaborative, agile and a fun environment and drive the teams towards a Continuous Delivery mechanism.
- Participate in Scrum reviews, standups, retrospectives and backlog grooming
- Work with devops technologies including docker, kubernetes, helm, ansible, hashicorp, jenkins, artifactory, etc
Qualities you possess…
- BS in CS or equivalent technical discipline. Have equivalent real world experience? Tell us about it.
- 1+ years experience developing multi-threaded or multi-process software
- 1+ years software development experience working with devops technologies including two or more of: Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, MicroK8s, HashiCorp (Consul or Terraform), Ansible, Jenkins
- Basic working knowledge of at least one of: SNMP, XML, SOAP, RESTful APIs
- Understanding of software development lifecycle, from product backlog through delivery.
- Experience in the area of network or systems management is a major plus
- Willingness to work in an Agile environment with an emphasis on Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration
- A working knowledge of current build tools is highly desirable
- You are passionate about delivering high quality, production ready code and believe that teams, not individuals are responsible for software quality.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.