What we are looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a Professional Services Consultant to help develop, extend, and scale our services to help our customers succeed and realize value from the ScienceLogic tool suite. This role offers the opportunity to join a fast-paced, collaborative environment and work with customers and colleagues from a variety of disciplines. Do you have experience in NetOps, Product Development or System Integrations, a curious and innovative spirit, and a strong professional services background? Then read on.
What you will be doing…
- Work as an individual contributor within the Global Service Delivery (GSD) team as a technical interface and subject matter expert
- Analyze, understand, and execute against technical requirements
- Review and translate customer use cases into technical requirements
- Design and implement custom solutions using the ScienceLogic product line
- Create solution build and configuration documentation
- Use and create knowledge-based articles based on field incidents, and/or common or critical issues.
- Learn new technologies and applications
- Perform hands-on installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of ScienceLogic appliances
- Flexible work hours in the daytime with availability for evening 2-3 times a week
Knowledge, Experience, Qualities and Qualifications you possess…
You’re a self-starter, a problem solver, have excellent time-management skills and are open and collaborative. Plus, you’ve got the following skills:
- At least 3 years of work experience in one of the following: Network Infrastructure Operations, Software Integrations or Development, or Product Development
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP protocols, network components, network design and operations
- Knowledge with REST and GraphQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated to work independently or in a small team on multiple engagements/projects.
- Fluent in English
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with ability to learn quickly
- Effective team player willing to assist others when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Desired Knowledge, Experience, and Technical Skills…
- Understanding of IT infrastructure
- Experience supporting and/or using enterprise-class infrastructure monitoring platforms
- Working knowledge with SNMP, vendor MIB architecture, SNMP trap and/or Syslog alerts.
- Experience with systems integration between NPM, CMDB, Incident Management, or other ITSM tools.
- Windows and Linux system administration
- Experience with VMware, Hyper-V, or other virtualization technologies
- Working knowledge of Cloud Platforms (AWS and Azure) and cloud migrations
- Working knowledge with relational and non-relational databases
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At ScienceLogic, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.