*This position can be remote within the US*
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a Professional Services Engineer to serve as the primary technical interface and onsite subject matter expert to customers for the ScienceLogic product line. This role offers the opportunity to join a fast-paced, collaborative environment and work with customers and colleagues from many different disciplines. Do you have high energy, an innovative spirit and a strong professional services background with top technology skills? Then read on.
Who we are…
The Professional Services team is composed of groups of highly intelligent and innovative Project Managers, Professional Service Engineers and Consultants who are dedicated to delivering a customer experience second to none. Each team member is as unique as the projects we work on, but one thing remains the same – our commitment and passion to delivering cutting edge technology solutions for hybrid cloud network monitoring.
What you’ll be doing…
- Provide onsite consulting services and support to ScienceLogic customer with a focus on high quality, accuracy and customer satisfaction
- Perform hands-on installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of ScienceLogic appliances as they relate to the ScienceLogic suite of products
- Work closely with customer’s technical and management staff and act as subject matter expert for ScienceLogic products
- Handle customer work activities via on-site and remote as required. (On-site client work may be full time).
- Handle on-site work solely as a SME and Senior Consultant in ScienceLogic implementation activities
- Act as the internal customer advocate for problem resolution, new product features, and future product direction
- Record all activity in the department’s ticketing system
- Use and create knowledgebase articles based on field incidents, and/or common or critical issues
- Adhere to ScienceLogic Professional Services best practices
- Participate in departmental projects
- Self-motivated with the ability to maintain a positive and cooperative attitude in sometimes stressful situations
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize competing project timelines
- Provide leadership and direction for your customer regarding the ScienceLogic product suite
- Creative person who looks for new and innovative ways to resolve problems
- Effective team player willing to assist others when needed
- Document and record all activity and communication with customer in person, over telephone and email according to departmental standards of quality
- Support and provide consulting services supporting federal or commercial IT standards (etc. support Federal ATO process, Security Audits, Change Management procedures)
Qualities you possess…
- Effective team player willing to assist others when needed
- A bachelor degree in computer science/engineering
- Proven experience with implementation of enterprise level network management or application performance products
- Thorough understanding of IT infrastructure, application, and enterprise infrastructure best practices
- System administration/support experience in Windows and Unix environments with an emphasis on Linux
- Have exceptional troubleshooting and customer-handling skills; flexible and willing to learn new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 10+ years in Federal space
- 7+ years’ experience supporting/using enterprise class infrastructure monitoring platforms
- 5+ years Linux operating system experience
- 3+ years MySQL Database experience
- 3+ years of experience with SNMP and vendor MIB architecture
- 3+ years of experience configuring SNMP trap and/or Syslog alerts
- Strong knowledge of PowerShell, WMI, XML/SOAP
- PHP and/or Python experience desired
- Linux scripting experience desired
- Experience with ITSM, EMS/NMS Systems (EM7, Solarwinds, IBM NetCool/Tivoli Nagios, HP OpenView or similar) and SNMP is a major plus.
- Previous integration experience with ServiceNow, PagerDuty or ITSM platforms is a plus.
- Clearance (Secret, Top Secret)
Benefits & Perks
- A remote-first culture - work from home or come into the office, it's totally up to you.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO) so that you can take the time that you need to re-energise.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) - take two days off per calendar year to volunteer with your preferred charitable organization.
- 5-year Service Milestone Sabbatical.
- Paid parental leave.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- Pet insurance.
- HQ Office centrally located in Reston Town Center featuring a well-stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages, and catered lunch on Thursdays.
- Regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- The opportunity to learn and develop from some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At ScienceLogic, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.