*This position can be remote within the US*
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to provide high quality, enterprise level, technical support on ScienceLogic products for our customers, partners, and other ScienceLogic team members.
Our Senior Systems Engineer possess excellent knowledge of systems, network and application monitoring tools along with the drive to rapidly learn various technologies. Impeccable communication skills (written and verbal) focused on sustaining market leading customer loyalty is a key requirement for this position.
Who we are...
We are a Forrester Wave Leader. We are a small, nimble software company that is reinventing the way companies manage their hybrid cloud data and systems. Through AI/ML, we provide modern IT Operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster and smarter
Our team is a group of developers that focus on diagnosing, mitigating and documenting customer technical issues in depth that tier 1 & 2 support engineer cannot resolve.
What you’ll be doing…
As part of the Tier 3 team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to provide technical support for our cutting-edge hybrid cloud network monitoring software, work on tools to improve investigation processes, and coordinate resolution of customer issues.
- Triage escalated customer issues.
- Coordinates with Product Owners to address any technical issues impacting a customer’s success.
- Actively engages Technical Support and Engineering teams to ensure proper handling of customer questions and issues.
- Escalates software bugs or feature enhancements to ScienceLogic’s research, development, and product management teams
- Acts as a subject matter expert in more than one area of the product
- Proactively looks for ways to improve processes and innovate the triage experience
- Builds relationships and partnerships with other ScienceLogic teams
- Mentors and trains new team members
- Proactively shares information and expertise regarding recent fixes and best practices
Qualities you possess…
The key to being successful in the Senior Systems Engineer role within ScienceLogic is being an analytical thinker and an excellent communicator. You must be passionate about helping customers be successful with SL1. The following skills and experience are also necessary:
- Experience with SL1 application preferred.
- 3+ years prior experience in the support of complex, Linux based enterprise software applications
- 2+ years supporting Kafka, Kubernetes & Docker components as part of a larger solution, both On Prem and within AWS environments
- 2+ years SQL experience. You should be able to construct complex SQL statements to query and occasionally update information in a MariaDB/MySQL database
- 3+ years Linux administration. Must be familiar with common administrative commands as well as able to write scripts in one of the major shells
- 2+ years networking experience. Must demonstrate experience with firewalls, routers, and general network fundamentals
- Practical experience with DRBD, Corosync and Pacemaker highly desired
- Practical experience with PHP and/or Python is a plus
- DB admin experience is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to diagnose and solve complex technical issues
Benefits & Perks
- A remote-first culture - work from home or come into the office, it's totally up to you.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO) so that you can take the time that you need to re-energise.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) - take two days off per calendar year to volunteer with your preferred charitable organization.
- 5-year Service Milestone Sabbatical.
- Paid parental leave.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- Pet insurance.
- HQ Office centrally located in Reston Town Center featuring a well-stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages, and catered lunch on Thursdays.
- Regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- The opportunity to learn and develop from some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At ScienceLogic, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.