*This position can be remote within the US*
What we’re looking for…
Does transforming a data lake into an elegant dashboard that delivers business insights sound like your kind of challenge? We are looking for a Senior Front-End React with TypeScript developer, with in-depth experience, who will use their passion to learn new tools and techniques, identify and implement system improvements, and mentor teammates. Someone who can solve a problem with a complete end-to-end solution in a fast-paced, agile environment. You will play a critical role in the development of our industry leading AI operations solution.
Who we are…
ScienceLogic scored a leadership position in the “The Forrester Wave” Intelligent Application and Service Monitoring report. We are a small, nimble and growing software company reinventing the way companies manage their hybrid cloud data and systems by driving operational and business insights from the extensive data types contained in the SL1 data lake
What you’ll be doing…
As a Software Engineer with ScienceLogic, you will play an integral role in building ways to support the elegant display of volumes of data into a UI experience that provides clarity, visibility and insights for managing on-prem and multi-cloud SaaS infrastructures for some of the largest companies and service providers in the world.
- Develop our Behavioral Correlation web application to expose in one pane of glass the health, availability and risk of Business Services.
- Review and maintain product backlog and take a lead role in implementing features adhering to sound engineering principles while also taking an active role in owning, understanding and prioritizing technical debt
- Remain current on Web development technologies, assess new standards, technologies, and trends, and formulate and recommend strategies and tactics for future platform enhancements.
- Work in a collaborative, agile and a fun environment and drive the teams towards a Continuous Delivery mechanism
- Participate in Scrum reviews, standups, retrospectives and backlog grooming
Qualities you possess…
You’re a self-starter, a problem solver, a continuous learner, an exemplary coder, have excellent time-management skills and are open and collaborative. Plus you’ve got the following:
- BS in CS or equivalent technical discipline. Have equivalent real world experience? Tell us about it!
- 3+ years production experience working with React, Typescript, styled Components
- Experience with SQL or MariaDB is a plus
- 3+ years experience with public-facing interfaces such as REST APIs . Experience with GraphQL and/or Apollo is a major plus
- A working knowledge of current build tools, and advanced bash scripting is highly desirable
- You are passionate about delivering high quality, production ready code and believe that teams, not individuals are responsible for software quality
Benefits & Perks
- A remote-first culture - work from home or come into the office, it's totally up to you.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO) so that you can take the time that you need to re-energise.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) - take two days off per calendar year to volunteer with your preferred charitable organization.
- 5-year Service Milestone Sabbatical.
- Paid parental leave.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- Pet insurance.
- HQ Office centrally located in Reston Town Center featuring a well-stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages, and catered lunch on Thursdays.
- Regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- The opportunity to learn and develop from some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At ScienceLogic, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.