*This position can be remote within the US*
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for an ambitious senior software engineer (Python) who possesses a strong understanding of security-first software engineering practices with a proven track record of delivering high quality software to accelerate customer outcomes. As part of our team, you will be responsible for working closely with your team, product management, and security experts to develop core platform security features and influence product feature prioritization. In addition, you will play an integral role in increasing the secure engineering mindset across all teams through publishing best practices, xAST vulnerability remediation coaching, pipeline tool integration, secure coding reviews, and tech talks.
Who we are…
We are a Forrester Wave Leader. We are a small, nimble software company that is reinventing the way companies manage their hybrid cloud data and systems. Through AI/ML, we provide modern IT Operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster and smarter. Our Engineers and Product Managers are some of the brightest, most creative minds in their field and we are passionate about our product. We work hard and play hard. We use bleeding edge technologies on our industry leading SL1 AIOps platform.
What you’ll be doing…
- Play a key role in continuously delivering platform security capabilities to our growing customer base across multiple deployment patterns (eg, SaaS, PaaS, on-prem)
- Serve as a secure development leader and influencer, including development and integration of security tools into our development environments and pipelines.
- Collaborate across engineering and security to provide security-first guidance for new feature development and to ensure the platform consistently meets accreditation and certification requirements
- Review and develop secure engineering and operational practices
- Conduct secure engineering tech talks to continue cultivating a security-first culture
Qualities you possess…
You’re an engineer that likes solving problems in a collaborative environment. You're passionate about delivering high quality, secure, production-ready code and believe that all teams, not individuals, are responsible for software quality. Plus, you’ve got the following:
- BS in Computer Science, or a related technical field, or have equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of experience using Linux with the ability to navigate, write scripts and work with packages
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following:
- using MySQL/NoSQL and can evaluate and write efficient queries
- security engineering, computer and network security, authentication and authorization, LDAP, Active Directory, SAML, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation
- deploying software securely in the public cloud (AWS, Azure)
- cloud native technologies, containers, and infrastructure as code (Docker, K8s, Docker Swarm, Terraform)
- CI/CD pipelines, current build tools, and advanced bash scripting.
Benefits & Perks
- A remote-first culture - work from home or come into the office, it's totally up to you.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO) so that you can take the time that you need to re-energise.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) - take two days off per calendar year to volunteer with your preferred charitable organization.
- 5-year Service Milestone Sabbatical.
- Paid parental leave.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- Pet insurance.
- HQ Office centrally located in Reston Town Center featuring a well-stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages, and catered lunch on Thursdays.
- Regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- The opportunity to learn and develop from some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At ScienceLogic, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.