*This position can be remote within the US*
What we’re looking for…
Are you an ambitious software architect who can support a vision of beautifully displayed intuitive data? Does implementing a leading-edge architecture leveraging a data lake with a stellar API layer into an elegant dashboard sound like your kind of challenge? Are you a master of best practices and managing complexity? You will play a critical role in the development of our industry leading AI operations solution.
Who we are…
ScienceLogic scored a leadership position in the “The Forrester Wave” Intelligent Application and Service Monitoring report. We are a small, nimble, growing software company reinventing the way companies manage their hybrid cloud data and systems.
What you’ll be doing…
As a software architect with ScienceLogic, you will play an integral role in building ways to support the elegant display of volumes of data into a UI experience that provides clarity and visibility for managing on-prem and multi-cloud infrastructure for some of the largest companies and service providers in the world.
- Build and maintain an Architecture Roadmap and align it against the Product Roadmap and in support of our next gen UI
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand the market requirements, ensure successful application of architectural design and implement, leveraging reuse of enterprise components
- Be a trusted advisor to engineering leadership and align technology vision with business priorities acting as an information conduit
- Be bold and communicate upwards conflicts between innovation and standardization
- Maintain a backlog of prioritized architecture driven epics
- Author and influence clear technical documentation for repeatable patterns, technology standards, guidelines & principles in collaboration with other domain teams to successfully develop and build applications according to best practice standards
- Make and own broad technical decisions when consensus is not possible, encourage debate, dissent, professionalism and calm and document discussions/outcomes, POCs, etc
- Organize larger cross team efforts around tech debt, code migration, pattern adoption, new features
- Code critical infrastructure pieces
- Perform code reviews to ensure high quality, performance, security and consistent use of established patterns
- Work with the other division architects to further companywide architecture initiatives by participating in and co-chairing working group discussions to address large, complex, cross-team architectural activities
- Learn about our product, it is large and it requires an ongoing commitment to learning about how it is used and how it works as well as its evolution
- Challenge wasteful processes and practices with business-relevant alternatives
- Mentor engineering teams to help shape strategies, solve problems, and create solutions
- Advocate for engineers and engineering needs – architectural updates, technical debt burn down and developer experience
- Guide teams to critically analyze requirements to do the right thing, not just what they are asked to do
- Promote excellent engineering culture including: best practices, good documentation, high coding standards, openness and inclusiveness and building trust with and between all parties
- Keep up with industry evolution and best practices. Follow blogs, newsletters, podcasts, etc
- Advocate for the Nodejs / GraphQL API layer
- Our API is a first-class citizen used by customers, 3rd party integrators and professional services
- Push for a consistent and understandable customer facing API
- Learn and advocate for the coding standards and patterns in our codebase and API contracts
- Cultivate a continuous pipeline of new GraphQL code reviewers/approvers while keeping ownership standards high
- Promote the GraphQL API layer within the company, at conferences and to customers
- Work to build trust between API authors and API consumers within the division, the broader engineering organization, support and professional services
Qualities you possess…
- Proven experience in analyzing current state architecture and developing optimal proposed target state architecture
- 5+ years experience with GraphQL, REST API and Node.js
- Experience with Webpack, Jenkins, and writing build scripts a plus
- You love to simplify code and define standards and best practices to make code cleaner
- Mentor and peer code with junior and senior programmers
- Collaborate with other architects in various areas of our platform as well as stakeholders and leadership
- 5+ years of experience using Agile/Lean & DevOps methodologies nice to have
- 10-15 years of experience working in technical teams, with the majority of time as an individual contributor
- Understanding of and participation in a well-defined software development lifecycle
- Demonstrable experience navigating inside a mature agile engineering organization
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals. Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field is desirable
- Evidence of clear, concise communication abilities
- Experience mentoring and training developers
Benefits & Perks
- A remote-first culture - work from home or come into the office, it's totally up to you.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO) so that you can take the time that you need to re-energise.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) - take two days off per calendar year to volunteer with your preferred charitable organization.
- 5-year Service Milestone Sabbatical.
- Paid parental leave.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- Pet insurance.
- HQ Office centrally located in Reston Town Center featuring a well-stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages, and catered lunch on Thursdays.
- Regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- The opportunity to learn and develop from some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At ScienceLogic, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.