*This position can be remote within the US*
What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for an ambitious senior security software engineer (Python) who possesses a strong understanding of security-first software engineering practices with a proven track record of delivering high quality software to accelerate customer outcomes. As part of the Engineering Ops team, you will be responsible for working closely with your team, product management, and security to influence product feature prioritization and for delivering platform security features to our customers. In addition, you will play an integral role in increasing the secure engineering mindset across all teams through publishing best practices, xAST vulnerability remediation coaching, pipeline tool integration, secure coding reviews, and tech talks.
Who we are…
We are a Forrester Wave Leader. We are a small, nimble software company that is reinventing the way companies manage their hybrid cloud data and systems. Through AI/ML, we provide modern IT Operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster and smarter. Our Engineers and Product Managers are some of the brightest, most creative minds in their field and we are passionate about our product. We work hard and play hard. We use bleeding edge technologies on our industry leading SL1 AIOps platform.
What you’ll be doing…
- Play a key role in continuously delivering platform security capabilities to our growing customer base across multiple deployment patterns (eg, SaaS, PaaS, on-prem)
- Serve as an SME for our xAST tool stack, from CI/CD pipeline integration to scan analysis to guiding peer engineering teams on remediation
- Collaborate across engineering and security to provide security-first guidance for new feature development and to ensure the platform consistently meets accreditation and certification requirements
- Review and develop secure engineering and operational practices
- Conduct secure engineering tech talks to continue cultivating a security-first culture
Qualities you possess…
You’re an engineer that likes solving problems in a collaborative environment. You're passionate about delivering high quality, secure, production-ready code and believe that all teams, not individuals, are responsible for software quality. Plus, you’ve got the following:
- BS in Computer Science, or a related technical field, or have equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience using Linux with the ability to navigate, write scripts and work with packages
- 2+ years of experience using MySQL/NoSQL and can evaluate and write efficient queries
- Detailed technical knowledge of security engineering, computer and network security, authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation
- Experience deploying software securely in the public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with cloud native technologies, containers, and infrastructure as code (Docker, K8s, Docker Swarm, Terraform)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, current build tools, and advanced bash scripting is highly desirable.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.