What we're looking for...
The primary function of the Director of Technical Marketing is to work across multiple channels (Marketing, Product Management, Sales) to establish a programmatic approach for producing effective technical content and field enablement.
You will be accountable for the success of ScienceLogic’s technical marketing team in support of the Enterprise, Federal, MSP, and GSI markets. You will be responsible for the planning, creation, and delivery of business value-based solution videos and technical user-based product videos, competitive briefs, technical blogs/white papers, and more to support sales and marketing needs; while working closely with the product, engineering, and sales engineering teams to ensure accurate and consistent representation of the differentiated value proposition of ScienceLogic and the SL1 platform.
This position requires a combination of strong technical knowledge about modern IT systems and architectures, the competitive landscape, and deep understanding of buyer and end-user personas. Structured thinking and attention to detail are crucial to the role. This position demands you to be an expert in analyzing market data to identify ScienceLogic strengths and weaknesses relative to key competitors; influence future product direction when appropriate; and define/develop assets that clearly and succinctly communicate that knowledge throughout the organization.
We’re looking for an energetic, motivated self-starter that has a passion for technology and can translate the capabilities of a technology solution into visual, written, and verbal communications. The right candidate is highly technical, understands the IT monitoring landscape, and able to boil technical features into business value. You will collaborate efficiently and effectively with product management, product and sales engineering, and product marketing teams throughout the product lifecycle to ensure the field is equipped to effectively communicate the differentiated value proposition and capabilities of ScienceLogic’s platform for different types and levels of buyers and end-users. This position reports to the VP, Product Marketing.
What you'll be doing...
- Product SME and Key Use Cases: Be a subject matter expert (SME) on the product with deep knowledge of how different users (personas) use the product. Translate and articulate product features (e.g., security, integrations, machine learning, etc.) into tangible and differentiated use cases (e.g., automated ticketing, service impact assessment, customer onboarding, etc.) with measurable outcomes that reflect how users interact with the system.
- Competitive intelligence: Be the expert on our competition and how to win in our market. Research competitive solutions, maintain competitive comparisons and evaluations, clearly articulate ways to overcome competitive objections.
- Content development: Leverage strong technical content creation background to develop deep technical content, that engineers and users of our product will value (to include videos, technical white papers, website content, and other demand-generating content).
- Sales enablement: Define and deliver the technical value proposition of our products to the sales and sales engineering teams. Develop sales tools that support the ScienceLogic selling process (demo scripts, product videos, competitive briefs, playbooks, battle cards, presentations, etc.)
- Customer centricity: Cultivate and nurture relationships with internal and external customers to support ongoing definition of differentiated product value, and to validate use cases with measurable outcomes.
- Social and Emotional EQ: Effectively listen, communicate, and manage expectations at all levels (down, peer, up) and political savviness (corporate agility)
- Communication: Communicate effectively with internal and external customers, prospects, industry analysts, media, as well as internal cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization (C-level to individual contributor)
Qualities you possess...
- Bachelor degree required, computer science or engineering highly desired.
- 10+ years of enterprise software product development, sales engineering, or product marketing experience
- Hands-on technical experience with datacenter, cloud, SaaS applications and/or technologies with broad understanding of architecture and IT system/tool integrations
- Customer-centric philosophy that enables field success and revenue capture; with demonstrated ability to discuss value in metric-driven business terms (i.e., think like a customer and develop content through the lens of the end-user).
- Proven analytical skills to use data to make decisions, assess, and measure impact.
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn new technologies and architectures fast
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Structured thinker with demonstrated history of managing complex projects and executing on plans that span functional teams; proven ability to multi-task, prioritize/escalate, and manage many projects simultaneously
- Management experience highly desired
- SL1 experienced end users and certified SL1 professionals or experts are highly desired
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.