What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is seeking a Manager, Software Development who will assume responsibility for leading multiple teams of highly talented software engineers in the design and development of our world class AI/ML hybrid cloud monitoring platform, SL1. The ideal candidate will have an established background in designing and building highly scalable software products, excellent project management skills, great communication skills and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities include hiring, developing, mentoring and managing a team of software development engineers and team leaders.
What you’ll be doing…
- Manage a team of talented software engineers responsible for the design and development of deliverables within the overall software development lifecycle.
- Manage and execute against program increments and delivery commitments.
- Manage and allocate team resources, including staffing, mentoring, and career development of individual members.
- Manage multiple software development SCRUM teams, and work closely with the architects and technical team leads to design and develop the optimal technical solution.
- Work closely with the product management team and release management to ensure successful, on-time releases.
- Work cohesively with product managers, project managers and engineering management to allocate engineering resources appropriately across various projects.
- Manage expectations, set realistic goals, and achieve them on time and within budget
- Implement and report performance metrics to executive management
- Foster a culture of creativity, empowerment, collaboration, speed and innovation in a fun work environment while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of the overall software development organization
- Remove any and all obstacles to create velocity, efficiency and greater team effectiveness
- Create a productive and healthy work/life balance. Effectively manage stress, foster a flexible work environment, and keep the team focused, engaged, productive, and fulfilled.
Qualities you possess…
- Experience in OOP in C++/C# development.
- Demonstrated experience in AGILE software development.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully hiring, motivating, retaining and effectively deploying talented software developers to perform against aggressive delivery goals.
- Experience managing both local and remote and international offshore software engineers.
- Experience with a variety of software development processes, and ability to apply the right process for the project.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to build productive relationships and motivate, develop and mentor team members to grow their careers at ScienceLogic. Must have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Mid-stage start-up technical management experience is a plus.
- Background and in-depth knowledge of network, cloud and application monitoring/management tools is also a plus.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.