What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for an ambitious Site Reliability Engineering Intern who is looking to gain valuable experience in Cloud Operations, Database Engineering and Agile Project Management process and methodologies. You will work within an SRE team responsible for the design, deployment and maintenance of our Private (VMWare) and Public (AWS) Cloud. Ideal candidates will be passionate about technology and hungry to learn and develop their skills.
Who we are…
ScienceLogic is going through a product transformation and the Site Reliability team is at the forefront of it. We are responsible for the design, deployment, and maintenance of the Cloud Infrastructure used for running the company’s revenue generating go-forward SaaS product line. Overall, we’re passionate about automation and solving complex business and technology challenges. Our team combines SRE, DevOps, Software Development and Information Security knowledge to help make Cloud operations agile, elastic inside the security and governance framework boundaries.
What you’ll be doing…
- Automate AWS infrastructure delivery using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools like Terraform and CloudFormation
- Develop automation using scripting tools like AWS Lambda step functions, Groovy, Jenkins, Python
- Help automate operational processes using AWS native technologies like AuroraDB, Redshift and serverless technologies like Fargate, EKS, ECS
- Help document SOPs, Runbooks and Procedures for the Site Reliability Team
- Identify and automate measurement of Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and Service Level Indicators (SLIs)
Qualities you possess…
We are looking for hungry and driven technologists who love a challenge. Below skills are desirable:
- Working towards a BS in Computer Science/Engineering or a related technical field.
- Formally trained in or exposed to Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- Have exposure to Python or similar scripting languages and SOAP, RESTful APIs.
- Basic working knowledge of SQL.
- Exposure to basic networking and cloud concepts.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its IT infrastructure monitoring and AIOps solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.