What we’re looking for…
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will be responsible for the annual budget process, monthly/quarterly forecasts, long-term plans and monthly reporting for department budgets, as well as consolidated total company reporting. This will be a leadership role within the team requiring strong interpersonal and managerial skills as well as being hands on and detail-oriented for thorough self and team review for accurate reporting and analysis.
ScienceLogic just recently completed our Series E round with $105 million of additional funding. The right person for this opportunity will help the business make critical investment decisions and drive process improvements. You have a solid background in GAAP accounting, strong communication abilities, are a problem-solver by nature, have the ability to adapt and work in a fast paced and ever-changing environment, and can multitask and prioritize competing requests effectively.
What you will be doing…
- Drive and support the corporate annual budget process, including presentation to Executive team and Board
- Drive the monthly/quarterly revenue and expense rolling forecasting process, working closely with the sales and revenue accounting groups
- Prepare monthly analysis that highlights the key drivers for variances to budget, prior forecast and prior months related to revenue COGS, other operating expenses and headcount
- Work with the Director of Cloud Operations for controlling SaaS hosting AWS costs
- Prepare Quarterly Board slides for latest forecasts, including multi-year forecasts
- Oversee Adaptive Insights software tool for forecasting
- In addition to Adaptive Insights, research and identify tools or methods to make our revenue planning/forecasting process scalable to accommodate our changing business needs
- Lead the calculation and analysis of many of our quarterly KPIs and the corporate score card to be presented at executive and board meetings
- Act in a financial support capacity to business unit managers and executive management team
- Assist in development and ongoing reporting of product P&Ls
- Identify ways to centralize data, automate and improve efficiencies in processes, especially customer information and revenue forecasting
- Assist with the integration of newly acquired entities, when applicable
- Assist in the implementation of additional financial software as needed
- Supervise the FP&A team
- Hire and develop personnel to ensure efficient operation of the function; grow and retain key talent; build capability in others by creating opportunities for growth
- Ability to anticipate the organizations needs and act proactively
Qualities you possess…
- Experienced finance professional with 10+ years with a technology or software company
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong background leading an FP&A function, ideally for a SaaS software company
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP for technology industries. Experience with ASC 606 a plus.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with senior management and view internal leadership as a client base
- Individual must be an independent thinker who is able to perform in an evolving and changing environment while maintaining a high energy level
- Experience working with organizations during rapid growth and expansion
- Experience hiring, leading, mentoring and coaching a small team
- Very strong deductive reasoning/analytical skills
- Highly proficient using complete Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc)
- Experience with Adaptive Insights, Netsuite and SalesForce a plus
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to resolve and predict problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.