What we’re looking for…
ScienceLogic is looking for a Documentation Specialist Intern to join our growing team.
Who we are…
The Documentation team is composed of Technical Documentation Specialists who are highly collaborative and are dedicated to delivering best-of-breed product documentation. Our environment is fast-paced, our work is varied, and each day is challenging. Our team vibe is “all for one, one for all”.
What you’ll be doing…
- Working with developers to understand changes to ScienceLogic products.
- Attending cross-team meetings for projects that affect documentation.
- Updating manuals and release notes.
- Organizing and editing our source files to help us improve our efficiency.
- Copyediting and proofreading manuals and online help.
- Documenting the procedures you develop and adding them to our Confluence page.
- Learning MadCap Flare, the team’s writing tool and also the industry-standard tool.
- Learning how to use Confluence, the company’s content-sharing software, and learning how to use JIRA, the company’s ticketing software.
- Additional organizational and editing work as needed.
Qualities you possess…
- Working toward a degree in English or a writing-intensive major OR working toward a degree in IT or CS.
- Strong writing skills.
- Enjoy working on deadline and pitching in on multiple projects.
- Eager to learn new technologies.
- Comfortable adhering to a corporate style-guide for writing, including having writing reviewed and marked-up.
- Experience with HTML and/or MadCap Flare is a plus.
- Experience with scripting is a plus.
ScienceLogic is a leader in IT Operations Management, providing modern IT operations with actionable insights to predict and resolve problems faster in a digital, ephemeral world. Its IT infrastructure monitoring and AIOps solution sees everything across cloud and distributed architectures, contextualizes data through relationship mapping, and acts on this insight through integration and automation.